Movie - The Dilemma - What Dilemma???

Toodamnpragmatic

Been bombarded with commercials for over a month. Like Ron Howard, Vince Vaughn, Winona Ryder and Jeniffer Connoly. Really dislike Kevin James and the one dimensional character he plays in every movie and always with a very attractive, classy and smarter wife/girlfriend to boot.

So what I get from the trailer and the description is the Vince Vaughn, who's Kevin James best friend stumbles upon James wife cheating on him and has a "dilemma".... Question is what is the dilemma? Keep your mouth shut while his wife makes a fool of him?

Sorry I don't get it? Simply you tell the wife you come clean to your husband or I will.....

Yes I'm naive, but I see no other choice what I'd do with my best friends.

ComputerJock

Yeah, me too. It's like uncle cracker's song about cheating. I think it was written by a cheater or someone who was never cheated on. I don't plan on going as I am a BS myself. Hollywood is dragging the bottom of the barrel.

I think FryFish is right. I think in the trailer, she says if VV tells her husband, she'll say VV made a pass at her.

• Author
Toodamnpragmatic

Then he tries to get proof that she is cheating with a guy who looks like an ex-con, with a six pack to boot (vs. Kevin James 80 lbs overweight character)?

Then you tell your best friend that she is going to lie and if your friendship is over, then it is over. Sorry sounds like a flimsy storyline.....

I saw this trailer when I was at the movies last week and I totally agree with these assessments. I don't offend easily--especially where fiction is concerned because it is just fiction--but The Dilemma seems to just rely on all those stereotypes of cheating to make the plot: The overweight husband, the hot OM, the cruel WW. Gag.

What really caught my attention was the premise that infidelity was somehow something funny or a light subject.

Hollywood is dragging the bottom of the barrel on this one, I agree. :rolleyes:

• Author
Toodamnpragmatic
I think FryFish is right. I think in the trailer, she says if VV tells her husband, she'll say VV made a pass at her.

So what??? She lies and Vince shows her to be an unfaithful liar..... Can't wait to see how this romcom ties everything up and a happy ending for all.....:mad:

It's not per se about cheating.... It is making a comedy movie, where the premise is yes cheating, but that there is a dilemma of some sort.

Edited by Toodamnpragmatic