I crave other males attention but am married what should I do?

dancing lady

Hi everyone,

I've just found this forum and wanted to ask what u all think please? as I am finding that I'm craving other men even though I'm married to a wonderful man, and although I have tried to rein my behaviour when out with girlfriends I still occaisonally flirt wildly and last weekend had a bloke put his arm round me and didnt protest, but I didnt kiss him and told him that I was married, also my friend had told me that she liked him b4 he did this and I feel bad about it but she was off with his friend her ex for most of the night leaving me on my own with him to talk.

bet this sounds like I'm making excuses but I'm trying not to as I really love my husband, but also like the feeling of another person touching my hand/arm. Oh and my husband does not dance so I sometimes dance with other men too but always move awy of they want more than that?

What should I do to stop myself flirting to much like this again?

Any advice would be helpful.

dancing lady..

my_mother's_daughter

Just a question, no-one attack me for it!! But how old were you when you got married and how many previous boyfriends did you have?

• Author
dancing lady

dear my mothers daughter ,

I was 27 when I married and have had several boyfriends in the past and about 3 year serious long term relationships before him.

my_mother's_daughter

There are some people in this world who are just big flirts!! However, I think you need to address why you need the attention.

You say your husband is wonderful and you love him greatly, but does he give you attention, flattery, physical closeness? Is there something missing in the relationship that you seek elsewhere?

Or is it simply a personality thing?

See, in the spirit of not making mountains out of molehills, I'm inclined to say that if you don't carry anything out then it's not a big problem, but I know (and so do you) that if your husband knew about this he would be really upset and so my ultimate advice would have to be, if you know it would hurt him (as innocent as the flirting/contact may be) then you should use your self control to stop it from happening. If you believe it is a direct result of a lack of affection from your husband then talk to him about it. But in my experience flirting often leads to unfaithfulness, and you would lose the husband you love.

• Author
dancing lady

Your mother's daughter

Cheers for your reply and wanted to say your right I should have better self control as my husband does give me enough attention when we are together, and I do not want to ever hurt him and lose him. So I am going to try harder to drink a little less when I am out , so i can set up my own stop sign b4 anything happens. Cause conversations can be ok , cant they but inappropiate contact isnt

and thanks again for your help you've sorted my head out..

Dancing lady