Wife and I are having problems

I seriously do not understand why she won't lay off me about this friend. We both live on the same block so I visit him quite a bit. I went over to his place to help him hook up some new electronics he bought and she starts getting this attitude with me about still associating with a man is actively trying to destroy our marriage even though he didn't say a word who about it while we were over there. To make a long story short we end up arguing and I tell her not to make me choose because she knows whch choice I will make. She is now very hurt over my comment I told her before we married not to try to control me or change me because it will be an exercise in futility. I thought I had one of the few good marriages but I am dealing with the same crap every man has to deal with.

Sounds to me like both of you are struggling with maturity issues. What she did is too clingy and controlling and your response to her is hurtful and non helpful...

She thinks the guy wants to destroy your marriage. She's not trying to control you. She wants to protect your marriage.

You told her you'd choose the guy over her. I hope that guy is good in bed.

... I told her before we married not to try to control me or change me because it will be an exercise in futility.

excuse me but hahahahahaHaHHAAAA

• Author
excuse me but hahahahahaHaHHAAAA

I meant it. I change for no woman and she knew that going into this marriage. I just wish she understood that my friend is going through a phase were he is finally growing a spine after letting women walk all over him and is blowing hot air. I could be married to any woman and he could be trying to convince me to leave so she should not take it as an insult.

Woggle, you know he did influence you for awhile so she's got a valid complaint. On the otherhand, if he's not saying anything while in her presence, how does she know he's actively trying to destroy your marriage?

• Author
Woggle, you know he did influence you for awhile so she's got a valid complaint. On the otherhand, if he's not saying anything while in her presence, how does she know he's actively trying to destroy your marriage?

Looking at the world around me infuences me. It is very hard for a man who does not have blinders on to not become negative and cynical towards women. I know that when women start hanging around with their manhating friends it can wreck serious havoc on a marriage so I understand that is the position she is coming from but I truly do see it as hot air. In his own twisted way he is trying to help me. Maybe I was a little blunt towards but I will not stand for a woman trying to run my life.

woggle is full of **** :lmao:

No, I don't think he made this up. I think he told his wife about what the friend is saying and is now paying the price for it.

What he needs to do is to get the two into the same room and let them have at each other, guiding the conversation away from personal insults.

I meant it. I change for no woman and she knew that going into this marriage. I just wish she understood that my friend is going through a phase were he is finally growing a spine after letting women walk all over him and is blowing hot air. I could be married to any woman and he could be trying to convince me to leave so she should not take it as an insult.

So after you told her that did you point at your zipper and say "Biatch, it isn't going to suck itself?"

Woggle, if one of her female friends was telling her to leave you every time your wife saw her you'd be foaming at the mouth.

• Like 1

Regardless of how she knows about it, Woggle is just confirming her fears that what this friend down the street thinks is influencing him. His priorities are:

1) Win the war of the sexes.

2) Help wanker friend hook up his stereo.

3) Respect his wife.

What he needs to do is to get the two into the same room and let them have at each other, guiding the conversation away from personal insults.

what he really needs to do is knock her up, that'll keep her quiet for at least a few yrs

Looking at the world around me infuences me. It is very hard for a man who does not have blinders on to not become negative and cynical towards women. I know that when women start hanging around with their manhating friends it can wreck serious havoc on a marriage so I understand that is the position she is coming from but I truly do see it as hot air. In his own twisted way he is trying to help me. Maybe I was a little blunt towards but I will not stand for a woman trying to run my life.
Refer to my last post about stepping out of the middle. Let them handle their differences.

I don't agree that she should be interfering in your friendship but I also feel that he has to respect her, as your wife. If he's actively trying to destroy your marriage, let him say whatever he has to say to your wife and let your wife say whatever she has to say, directly to him.

In allowing this to go on and on, the drama only builds. Nip it now, before it's too late.

what he really needs to do is knock her up, that'll keep her quiet for at least a few yrs
Trust me, knocking a woman up won't keep her quiet. I'm a prime example of such and will state my mind, pregnancy or not.
Chrome Barracuda
I seriously do not understand why she won't lay off me about this friend. We both live on the same block so I visit him quite a bit. I went over to his place to help him hook up some new electronics he bought and she starts getting this attitude with me about still associating with a man is actively trying to destroy our marriage even though he didn't say a word who about it while we were over there. To make a long story short we end up arguing and I tell her not to make me choose because she knows whch choice I will make. She is now very hurt over my comment I told her before we married not to try to control me or change me because it will be an exercise in futility. I thought I had one of the few good marriages but I am dealing with the same crap every man has to deal with.

C'mon wog! you can do better than this maybe she thinks the friend is a bad influence? Maybe this friend isnt a friend of the marriage.

Why does she see so much bad from this guy?

Maybe she wants your time, and doesnt want anyone else sharing you. Simple as that.

• Author
So after you told her that did you point at your zipper and say "Biatch, it isn't going to suck itself?"

Woggle, if one of her female friends was telling her to leave you every time your wife saw her you'd be foaming at the mouth.

Of course I would foam out the mouth but men tend not to divorce in packs like women do.

Looking at the world around me infuences me.

This might be why she finds your friend's intentions to be a large threat.

It is very hard for a man who does not have blinders on to not become negative and cynical towards women.

Could the onset of this manifest as a man honoring his hateful friend above his "one of the good ones" wife?

I know that when women start hanging around with their manhating friends it can wreck serious havoc on a marriage so I understand that is the position she is coming from but I truly do see it as hot air. In his own twisted way he is trying to help me. Maybe I was a little blunt towards but I will not stand for a woman trying to run my life.

In your wife's own way, she too is trying to help you. Can you explain why her way is the one you give no credibility to? His way results in you being alone. Your way might result in you being alone.

The only way in this entire scenario where in you have a warm partner to share a life with, is her way. Yet it is the way you will not stand for.......

Trust me, knocking a woman up won't keep her quiet. I'm a prime example of such and will state my mind, pregnancy or not.

what if i take away your shoes :lmao:

Is this the first real arguement you've had since you have been married to her? Come on now seriously Woggle, you can't just duck tail and run because of this. Just because she voiced a concern doesn't mean she's trying to control you.

Is this the first real arguement you've had since you have been married to her?

of course it isn't, don't be rediculous

Of course I would foam out the mouth but men tend not to divorce in packs like women do.
Double standards Woggle. I'm throwing down the penalty flag. You lose 100 yards for full-on b/s. :mad:

No wonder your friend doesn't treat your wife with respect, you give him no reason to. I'm taking back your man card.