"A happy wife makes a happy life."

FloaterShimmy

A wife can be trouble and strife - even a happy one. But, having said that, it's well known that happy people perform oral more frequently. So, on balance, I agree.

• Author
But, having said that, it's well known that happy people perform oral more frequently. So, on balance, I agree.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

No comment. :lmao:

I've heard this saying many times. Do you agree with it? Why, why not?

Not only do I agree but I used that exact line at the floral counter in the supermarket yesterday when the clerk asked me why I was buying flowers. I've found it empirically to be true, probably because I'm more even-tempered while my wife is more emotional. So if she's happy, normally means positive vibes for all concerned...

Mr. Lucky

I am a wife and I feel a lot of pressure to stay happy. LOL! I think the saying is true because when I'm not happy, my husband acts as if the end of the world is coming. We've spoken about this many times. He takes it so hard like I'm going to just walk out on him just because I'm having a bad day. I asked him once do I have to walk around skipping and singing 24/7 in order for him to think everything is okay with us? He laughed but he understood what I was saying.

around these parts, the saying is translated to "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" ... and I think there's some truth to that. A woman is the one who pretty much keeps house and family running, so if there's something that's messing with her happiness/well-being, it affects everyone else..

around these parts, the saying is translated to "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" ... and I think there's some truth to that. A woman is the one who pretty much keeps house and family running, so if there's something that's messing with her happiness/well-being, it affects everyone else..

That's what we say too. LOL! And it is true. My kids will go to great lengths to try and cheer me up.

lonelyandfrustrated
'An emotionally stable wife makes for a happy life' :)

Good luck with that.

I think anyone should be fearful of a person who can bleed for five days straight and still live.

Good luck with that.

I think anyone should be fearful of a person who can bleed for five days straight and still live.

Like your mother?

Of course it's true.

So obvious.

Men are happy creatures, as long as they can do their thing and are taken care by a loving woman.

If the woman, is happy then everything is happy, otherwise everyone is miserable.

That's why I always say that the love of the woman is the most important ingredient in the marriage.

lol. A mother joke?

It's not a joke. Your mother is one of the people who mensturated in order to produce you, but she can't be trusted because of this natural occurance according to you.

lonelyandfrustrated
It's not a joke. Your mother is one of the people who mensturated in order to produce you, but she can't be trusted because of this natural occurance according to you.

Um...I'm a mother. So...I wouldn't say you can't trust a woman, but I would say, I agree, don't tick your woman off if 'happiness' is one of your life goals.

IME, most of my male friends who have 20+ year marriages have wives who are nearly always 'ticked' off at them for one thing or another. The key is the husband doesn't care. He's happy within himself. I should've paid more attention to them :)

Um...I'm a mother. So...I wouldn't say you can't trust a woman, but I would say, I agree, don't tick your woman off if 'happiness' is one of your life goals.

I'm sorry, I did not understand your brand of humor. I can't help that I bleed for a week and don't die, but I can control my attitude.

And like I said before, I hope my husband doesn't hinge his happiness on mine. That's too much pressure on the wife imo. I don't rely on him to make me happy, that's for sure.

Untouchable_Fire

I kind of agree.

Unlike other cultures, I think ours puts most of the pressure on the man to create a happy marriage. That's why you get the "yes, dear" philosophy.

It's probably because our divorce system is so insanely favorable to women.

:eek: She gets the car, the kids, the house... and 60% of your paychecks?

I think a better saying is "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, make an ugly woman your wife" :lmao:

If mommy ain't happy, nobody's happy.

True Dat.

Shame, cause nobody seems to really give a fu#k if daddy's happy. Just bring home that check.

I think it is an accurate statement. I think the ability to keep a woman happy could be a worthy test for a man. Unfortunately we often don't teach our boys to value the qualities that would make them seek out women who can be satisfied. We mostly just teach them to seek out T&A with money.