Husband out all night, still not home.

My husband has been out all night. Last I tlaked to him was around 9:15pm. He said he's with a friend was going to be out late. His cellphone battery was almost dead also. I've not been able to reach him still.

Should I be getting worried? Its been almost 12 hrs...should I call the athorities?

That depends on many factors including if this is completely abnormal, if your marriage is solid, if his business life is good, and other things. Sadly, police will ask these questions for clues as to why he may be late before actually looking.

The police usually don't look too quickly since most people do come home. You could call them and they would let you know when they will begin looking.

• Author

Thank you for your feedback JamesM, this is the first time ever this has happened to me. My husband just called 2 min ago. He just stayed over a friend's house. We're gonna talk about it tonight!

lonelyandfrustrated

A married man should not be having sleepovers with their friends. Especially sleepovers where their phones are mysteriously dead (what, no charger? huh) and they 'forget' to inform their wives until the following afternoon.

I'd be talking to him through a deadbolted door, with all his stuff on the porch beneath his feet.

I'm sure he'll tell you that in this civilized world of cell phones, internet and land lines, he still couldn't find a phone anywhere within a 10 mile radius and had no way of contacting you. Or that he was so incredibly tired/drunk that he just fell asleep for hours and hours.

There's no excuse for him to not have called you. If he's cheating on you, then he's being pretty blatant about it. Regardless, I wouldn't rule it out.

What an idiot.

Actually, my guess is that he was drunk and passed out. He stayed to sleep it off. And he just woke up shortly before he called.

Passive-aggressive...... in light of a few of the responses, I can't say that I blame him :D

Seriously, glad he turned up alive and healthy. If he's that way tomorrow, there's hope ;)

Sorry, but I'm with Angel on this one. If he were drunk and decided to stay the night, he SHOULD and COULD have called you, even in the dead of night, to let you know. I'm betting his friend has a phone.

UNLESS....he was with anther woman in bed. Then, he was too busy to call.

oh god...I remember when my whore of a husband did that to me. I cried all night. I knew in my heart it was not as innocent a mistake as he wanted me to believe( and you know your husband is lying also...you know it). Years later I finally found out that instead of him being too drunk and asleep that instead he was with his x girlfriend and had planned this all nighter the previous day (this much I have finally gotten 100% solid proof of). If I had known the truth I would have never walked down the isle with him. You know in your heart what happened, make an educated decision.

LucreziaBorgia
UNLESS....he was with anther woman in bed. Then, he was too busy to call.

My guess too. If it had been innocent (meaning it was with a mutual guy friend) then he probably would have found a way to call and let you know he wasn't going to make it home.

I predict some story that he thinks you will believe: that he was literally too drunk to dial a phone or ask someone to call you.

I am not saying it is not true, but if the OP is reading all of this, the H hasn't a chance.

It is entirely possible...since he has never done this before, that he WAS drunk and did not wake up shortly before the call. It is entirely possible that there is no other woman.

Unfortunately, because many here have experienced this with their ex, the assumption is that this guy will be the same.

IMO since this is not normal for him, then I suggest you give him the benefit of the doubt and (shock-shock! :eek: ) actually believe him.

And if he pulls some stunt like this again, (because he thinks it worked the first time), THEN consider alternatives.