relationship stages? and chances.

i have been dating my girlfriend since june of 2001 and it's been 10 months, i have been living with her for 7 months of that. i am 19 and she is 16...what stage do you suppose we are at, or better yet what are the stages of most relations ships, and one more question, in the norm, of all relationships does a teenage relationship usually last long in most cases, i hope we stay together forever and she says the same to me...

matty

I'd say a little after one month you are set to go into a long term relationship. I know my previous two relationships have gone fast... and everything happened within that first month. Speaking on terms of long term relationships, I was with a girl for 2 years one month. It IS VERY hard to keep a relationship with a girl so young as 16, as my previous girl I met when she was 15 and I at that time 17. That relationship ended after those 2 years because she hadn't "lived" her life. If your girl starts to think of what she's missing, then it's already too late. No matter how perfect the relationship is, it can still end. I was almost engaged, with the ring picked out and all, but it ended. Most teenage relationships can last all throughout highschool and into college, normally most are broken in the first or second year of college. SOME do make it, but VERY few, as my sister and her husband have been together since high school.

Stages of a relationship.

First Date - Getting to know the person

Second Date - Maybe a hug, possibly a kiss

Third Date - Hug and Kiss

5th-6th Date - Not even going to say.

~1 month - still not too late to leave/be left

~2 Months - Heading into a long term relationship

~6 Months - Long term relationship

~1 Year - Good relationship

~2 Years - Engagement likely in the near future

Beyond that, I have not been there, but it is most likely the same as the 2 years mark.

Just be careful, I've lost a girl of more than 2 years before because she, no matter how much she said she wanted to be with JUST me EVER, didn't really want to be tied down.

Some girls are very complicated, and I wish I could read their minds. They think quite differently, maybe about the same things, but QUITE differently.

A stable relationship is where you two enjoy everything that you do together and are best friends. You can take her to hang out with your buddies and she doesn't mind at all, actually she enjoys it. A girl that is never "busy" for you. She makes plans for you, and she never ever breaks them.

Remember LOVE is blind. A relationship with love alone is a relationship that is headed for disaster. Trust is essential. If you can't trust one another, it's over.

I only wish I could find a girl just like my last one, the one month relationship that I had. We had all of those qualities, except she was left with a decision on who to go with, her ex or I. She chose him because he had a place for her to live (in his parents house no doubt). She regrets her choice as of now, but it is not my concern. I warned her of him, and how he was like, and he has been mean to her since she has been there.

Nice guys finish last.

i have been dating my girlfriend since june of 2001 and it's been 10 months, i have been living with her for 7 months of that. i am 19 and she is 16...what stage do you suppose we are at, or better yet what are the stages of most relations ships, and one more question, in the norm, of all relationships does a teenage relationship usually last long in most cases, i hope we stay together forever and she says the same to me...

matty

Where are her parents? She is still basically a child.... in many states that is considered statuatory rape....

Make sure she doesn't get pregnant.

In most cases people still change and grow until their LATE twenties....

Good luck

matty

there's no set r/s schedule, come on!

some go all the way on the 1st date, some don't until they've been together for a year. don't look at others to see when u should do what - just do what u and she are both comfortable with...

as for staying together forever - it's not likely. most ppl need to date around before they settle down.

good luck!

matty

Bill, does this go the same with guys?

I have been with my guy for almost 2 years now and every once and a while he gets in a mood where he starts to wonder what he is missing. Just today he told me that he doesn't want to be in a long term relationship, but he doesn't seem to want to dump me , he keeps telling me that he loves me and seems to be getting more and more affectionate through out the day.

What is going on?

-Mandy

I'd say a little after one month you are set to go into a long term relationship. I know my previous two relationships have gone fast... and everything happened within that first month. Speaking on terms of long term relationships, I was with a girl for 2 years one month. It IS VERY hard to keep a relationship with a girl so young as 16, as my previous girl I met when she was 15 and I at that time 17. That relationship ended after those 2 years because she hadn't "lived" her life. If your girl starts to think of what she's missing, then it's already too late. No matter how perfect the relationship is, it can still end. I was almost engaged, with the ring picked out and all, but it ended. Most teenage relationships can last all throughout highschool and into college, normally most are broken in the first or second year of college. SOME do make it, but VERY few, as my sister and her husband have been together since high school. Stages of a relationship. First Date - Getting to know the person Second Date - Maybe a hug, possibly a kiss

Third Date - Hug and Kiss 5th-6th Date - Not even going to say. ~1 month - still not too late to leave/be left ~2 Months - Heading into a long term relationship

~6 Months - Long term relationship ~1 Year - Good relationship ~2 Years - Engagement likely in the near future Beyond that, I have not been there, but it is most likely the same as the 2 years mark. Just be careful, I've lost a girl of more than 2 years before because she, no matter how much she said she wanted to be with JUST me EVER, didn't really want to be tied down. Some girls are very complicated, and I wish I could read their minds. They think quite differently, maybe about the same things, but QUITE differently.

A stable relationship is where you two enjoy everything that you do together and are best friends. You can take her to hang out with your buddies and she doesn't mind at all, actually she enjoys it. A girl that is never "busy" for you. She makes plans for you, and she never ever breaks them. Remember LOVE is blind. A relationship with love alone is a relationship that is headed for disaster. Trust is essential. If you can't trust one another, it's over. I only wish I could find a girl just like my last one, the one month relationship that I had. We had all of those qualities, except she was left with a decision on who to go with, her ex or I. She chose him because he had a place for her to live (in his parents house no doubt). She regrets her choice as of now, but it is not my concern. I warned her of him, and how he was like, and he has been mean to her since she has been there. Nice guys finish last.

This could also be associated with guys, yes. It is VERY bad when they wonder what they are missing. Soon they will just start to wonder... what if they were with someone else, how would they feel. Not all people get this way, on "what they are missing". It is unfortunate for the person in a relationship with them. They don't want to hurt the person they are dating, yet they want to explore. Something or someone is telling them this. Sometimes friends tell them they need to get out, date etc. Some guys will always say that stuff, as they even said it to me. I'm not like that though. Ask him if he WANTS a long term relationship. If he doesn't want this to end in marriage, forget him. It also depends on how old you 2 are.

Bill, does this go the same with guys? I have been with my guy for almost 2 years now and every once and a while he gets in a mood where he starts to wonder what he is missing. Just today he told me that he doesn't want to be in a long term relationship, but he doesn't seem to want to dump me , he keeps telling me that he loves me and seems to be getting more and more affectionate through out the day. What is going on? -Mandy

If he doesn't want to be in the long term relationship, WHY IS HE IN ONE? This guy sounds like trouble, however no matter what I say, I cannot tell you to leave him. He may cause trouble in the future. I can give you better advice on an IM if you so desire. But that is entirely up to you. I am currently helping someone else, a ex-girlfriend. She actually regrets breaking up with me, as nothing was wrong with us.

Bill, does this go the same with guys? I have been with my guy for almost 2 years now and every once and a while he gets in a mood where he starts to wonder what he is missing. Just today he told me that he doesn't want to be in a long term relationship, but he doesn't seem to want to dump me , he keeps telling me that he loves me and seems to be getting more and more affectionate through out the day. What is going on? -Mandy