ok so your spouse says they are pissed at you and done with you..... they avoid you all day even though you are within 800' minimally. Midnight rolls around.... do you just head to bed like normal?

Not say a word just prepare for bed like everything is dandy?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I live with a nut job!

ElvenPriestess

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I live with a nut job!

That is exactly what you should do. Go to bed like normal, don't pay him any mind though. Don't talk to him, just turn away and go to sleep. For me I'm always sleeping in the other room, but things are different in my case. I do think if you say nothing you'll be fine.

• Author
That is exactly what you should do. Go to bed like normal, don't pay him any mind though. Don't talk to him, just turn away and go to sleep. For me I'm always sleeping in the other room, but things are different in my case. I do think if you say nothing you'll be fine.

No it was him that attempted to enter my room ----- la dee da da. NOT!

The sofa is occupied at this time. I am sharing my bed with another man... he is much younger than me..... little on the hairy side, big ears, gives me attention, and loves anything I cook for him. He has the most beautiful eyes!

He is a keeper!

ElvenPriestess
No it was him that attempted to enter my room ----- la dee da da. NOT!

The sofa is occupied at this time. I am sharing my bed with another man... he is much younger than me..... little on the hairy side, big ears, gives me attention, and loves anything I cook for him. He has the most beautiful eyes!

He is a keeper!

Haha, you and the dog huh? Well you two should sleep and forget all about the grumpy man on the couch

• Author
Haha, you and the dog huh? Well you two should sleep and forget all about the grumpy man on the couch

We will after we both poop in his shoes.

ok so your spouse says they are pissed at you and done with you..... they avoid you all day even though you are within 800' minimally. Midnight rolls around.... do you just head to bed like normal?

Haven't you been in the same position before except it was you that was done ?.. How did you handle it ?

Personally I would have just went to bed and dealt with it tomorrow...

When someone digs their heels in so deep it isn't up to you to free them.. Time...

I can't stand the silent treatment. It drives me crazy. I absolutely cannot sleep if I am fighting with my partner.

ElvenPriestess
Haven't you been in the same position before except it was you that was done ?.. How did you handle it ?

Personally I would have just went to bed and dealt with it tomorrow...

When someone digs their heels in so deep it isn't up to you to free them.. Time...

I'm horrible about waiting to deal with things. I have a horrible habit of "Let's deal with it now, right now. Who needs sleep anyway?"

ElvenPriestess
I can't stand the silent treatment. It drives me crazy. I absolutely cannot sleep if I am fighting with my partner.

Yep! Same here, even when THEY can sleep I can't.

The silent treatment is better I think. I would just go to bed myself, and deal with it the next day when things are cooler.

Edited by Lostgurl

Me too! I can't sleep worth a crap if we are arguing and it hasn't been resolved yet. BUT I am extremely stubborn and usually don't make the first move to begin resolving it. So if he doesn't make the move that night to start talking about it, then we go to bed and deal with it the next day (which isn't good since I'm MORE irritable because I didn't get any sleep! LOL). None of our fights have lasted past 24 hours so far (been together a year). BUT even if we are fighting, we do kiss goodnight and say I love you...even if it isn't the most enthusiastic. lol

Yep! Same here, even when THEY can sleep I can't.

YEP! And then I lay there grumbling how he must not care if he just fall asleep just like that!!!! I've just a got a man who can sleep no matter WHAT!

ElvenPriestess
YEP! And then I lay there grumbling how he must not care if he just fall asleep just like that!!!! I've just a got a man who can sleep no matter WHAT!

PRECISELY!!! We had ANOTHER fight tonight and he was like "all I want is a divorce." I said "I know that, but I wish you acted like you had a heart and weren't so cold about it!" Yep, he's sleeping like a baby. I told him once I wish I had that ability. Haha.

PRECISELY!!! We had ANOTHER fight tonight and he was like "all I want is a divorce." I said "I know that, but I wish you acted like you had a heart and weren't so cold about it!" Yep, he's sleeping like a baby. I told him once I wish I had that ability. Haha.

I told my bf the same thing...I wish I could just fall asleep in the middle of a problem!!!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Removed off topic question.

IMO I would say, go ahead and go to bed. Deal with it later at a better time. If he wants to act that way let him. Don't play his game. Also the silent treatment is just another big time PA move. If he wants to act childish, let him.

Word. I don't have to hash it all out, but I like to at least acknowledge that we don't hate each other before going to bed.

I HATE going to bed where everybody stays strictly on their side as though there's an invisible wall down the middle. Blech.

ElvenPriestess
Word. I don't have to hash it all out, but I like to at least acknowledge that we don't hate each other before going to bed.

Blech.

Yes, this is my goal as well. Last thing he said was "marrying you was the one thing I regret most." And I asked if he really meant that. He said yes now go away. I just wanted some sort of peace and I told him that. All he cared about was sleep. I know it's doomed, but I don't need more salt of his rubbed in the wound you know?

• Author

Peeps I am the one who kicked him out of my room.

I could give a crap if his tongue fell out and he never had another word to say to me.

I just cannot stand being in the same room.

His issues to fix, I am no longer in this M to fix it. Just exit it.

I have asked for 3 simple things.

Initiate plans

Initiate sex

A compliment and a I love you daily.

These things are very expensive and time consuming...... I can see the difficulty. :rolleyes:

• Author
Yes, this is my goal as well. Last thing he said was "marrying you was the one thing I regret most." And I asked if he really meant that. He said yes now go away. I just wanted some sort of peace and I told him that. All he cared about was sleep. I know it's doomed, but I don't need more salt of his rubbed in the wound you know?

Tell him he is going to regret it even more when you take half his %^&%!

ElvenPriestess
Tell him he is going to regret it even more when you take half his %^&%!

Oh yes, and the funny thing is he started claiming things I bought for himself. I said do you want me to press for money/alimony from you or do you just want to let me take what's mine? I'm not the type to want money, I don't want his money or anything else. But try and take what's rightfully mine and I'll use what I can. He doesn't know how lucky he was to marry some one like me. Seinfeld: You're done. You're through. NEXT!" LOL! Love that episode.:)

Peeps I am the one who kicked him out of my room.

I could give a crap if his tongue fell out and he never had another word to say to me.

I just cannot stand being in the same room.

His issues to fix, I am no longer in this M to fix it. Just exit it.

I have asked for 3 simple things.

Initiate plans

Initiate sex

These things are very expensive and time consuming...... I can see the difficulty. :rolleyes:

If his tongue did fall out, put it in a glass case, and break only in the need of an emergency tongue lashing down town. :p:laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Not sure if I should say I'm sorry about all of this, or hurrah for you! :confused::)

• Author
If his tongue did fall out, put it in a glass case, and break only in the need of an emergency tongue lashing down town. :p:laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Not sure if I should say I'm sorry about all of this, or hurrah for you! :confused::)

I may feed it to the dog.

no sorries and no hurrahs.... this is just a pain in my ass.

And not the good kinda pain in the ass that some enjoy. :lmao:

Initiate plans

Initiate sex

???? Where have I heard this before??????

Oh yeah!At home......I think we should hook our spouses up.....:lmao:

It's frustrating isn't it? Some signs of improvement for a few days......then WHAM!!! Right back at it again.......(assuming he's ever improved)

• Author
???? Where have I heard this before??????

Oh yeah!At home......I think we should hook our spouses up.....:lmao:

It's frustrating isn't it? Some signs of improvement for a few days......then WHAM!!! Right back at it again.......(assuming he's ever improved)

Yes the good pattern lasts from 4-9 days then back to jerkland.

His shrink did not return his call.... I know he called because it was on the cell bill.

This is futile to continue. Or I can hang and just do my own thing. Which would be easier on me.