i cant decide if i want marriage in my future

im just want some feed back on my ideas on marriage - not nessesarly in my current relationship but in general

Ive always been very independent and alwasys sd ill never get tied down b/c ppl can always change, they dont need a piece of paper, they dont need the gov't involved, it might not be natural to give your guarantee to one person but lately ive been thinking more about it

I had a boss that was saying that when you get married its like youre now a family - w/ or w/o kids its a family. That made me think about how if i was to get married i wouldnt have to worry about the future as far as me and him b/c then it would be understood , that we would be giving our word that we are a single unit.

It would be like we now acknowledge we love each other unconditionally. - is that right?

That unless something sooooo drastic takes place - were in it together forever

im only 27 , almost 28 , I still have fantasys of first kisses and romance - which makes me think that maybe i should just be free b/c what if marriage is a mistake and i dont know it till i do it

how do you know if youre ready and whats the diff (in you guys opinion )between a long term relationship and getting married?

Most people will probably tell you that being married is more of a committment because it's legalizing the relationship and making it harder to walk away from.

That much said, there is so much divorce nowadays that a marriage license is simply a piece of paper that doesnt mean nearly as much as it did, say 100 years ago.

I will NEVER get married again, and I dont see any reason for people to get married nowadays unless they plan to have children.