What do you do when a man/ woman looks at you?

This is for men and women.

I have a question. Ladies, when a man glances, looks or stares at you when you walk by each other, what is your response? When I walk by people, I usually glance at them and give a smile of "hello." The responses I get in return are varied.

I have begun noticing after some other threads here that women give different responses, and I wonder why. Some women simply never even look at me walking by. (There seems to be something near the ground that has their captivated attention. :rolleyes: ) Some glance back and smile a hello...friendly but only in a polite way. Some women glance back but quickly look away. And a few...very few...women will look back with an admiring return look.

Men, when a woman glances at you when she walks by, how do you respond? Most women don't seem to do this, but when they do, I try to give just a polite smile that indicates nothing else. And yes, in some cases, I give an admiring return glance. What is your response?

And I wonder...is there a "correct" response? What is the expected response?

(For the record, when I am with my wife, I do not usually look at women walking by except maybe to give them a quick smile. I think I usually appear that I am more enamored with my wife than with them).

amaysngrace

I smile back if a man smiles at me.

If they say hello I say hello back.

When they say "mmm" - well that just makes me horny! :p

For me, it is usually always a glance and a smiley 'hello" nothing more...

It always depend on the situation and what type of 'glances' we're talking about here.

I get some guys sometimes that try to 'flirt' but if they're not attractive to me I just don't respond... simple.

What I like the most, is when I get this 'look' from other women... (no I'm not into women) but once, I got to the bus stop...and these 2 ladies were chatting... the one that was talking, completely stopped as I arrived... that, to me, is the best...

A look of admiration from another woman is 10 times more effective than any look from any men... IMO.

I smile back if a man smiles at me.

If they say hello I say hello back.

When they say "mmm" - well that just makes me horny! :p

that was too funny.... :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

I have a question. Ladies, when a man glances, looks or stares at you when you walk by each other, what is your response?

I don't walk around looking at people but if I DO by some chance notice someone looking at me, I ignore it. If they don't stop then I give them the "in your dreams" cocky smile face look. Sure I've glanced but it means nothing. I just look to see who's in my way. :p

Now if someone says "hi" to me, then I say it back. Rude if I don't.

Usually I wear big gigantic sunglasses. Hee hee, I can see them but they can't see me.

Other then that it just depends of the vibe.

I don't like to see men who are obviously with their so and crane their necks to look at me. I feel a little insulted for their ladies.

(For the record, when I am with my wife, I do not usually look at women walking by except maybe to give them a quick smile. I think I usually appear that I am more enamored with my wife than with them).

Since your behavior is different when you are with your wife, what is your intent when alone? Are you looking to provoke a reaction from the women you greet? Just wondering...

Mr. Lucky

When I woman walks by and smiles at me, I look behind me to see who she is looking at.

If no one is there, I just smile and say hello.

I'm not going to say 'mmmmm' in fear of a sexual harassment charge

amaysngrace

I'm not going to say 'mmmmm' in fear of a sexual harassment charge

Oh, are you talking about work? I can't relate. :p

Don't do anything? Why not?

Just think "looking at" is one of men's habbit?

unless they smile or say somthing, that's another thing

Just think "looking at" is one of men's habbit?

unless they smile or say somthing, that's another thing

How about just saying 'hi' back? You know, break the ice?

Or even lifting your skirt up to your ankle to show some skin?

How about just saying 'hi' back? You know, break the ice?

Or even lifting your skirt up to your ankle to show some skin?

I see, that's your pattern

If it's a good looking guy who looks like he is used to and expects attention, and he looks/stares I make a point of ignoring him like he doesn't exist.

Hey someone's got to do it!

Yeah, I'm a freak, I know.

If someone compliments (nicely!) or directly says hello I'll say "thank you" or "hello" back respectively and keep walking.

But Lizzie is right, if a girl is looking at me in a sizing up or admiring(or bitchy, same thing) way, that really is the best compliment.

I usually don't care too much to notice majority of time though.

Depends on how I'm feeling about myself, and my mood at the time. If I'm feeling average I usually just glance back briefly and meet his gaze for a second. If I'm feeling relatively good about myself, then sometimes i'll even smile back politely if his gaze is friendly enough. However, if I'm in a bad mood or having a 'fat and ugly day' (which is typical) then it's a different story! :eek:. When I catch someone looking at me, I'll glare full-on daggers back at him, making sure my hostility and irritation is clearly communicated. Occasionally I'll raise an eyebrow as if to say "yeah?" which usually makes him hurry away looking embarrassed.

Generally, I don't mind guys looking at me but like most people I HATE being STARED at by rude f**kwits with their mouths hanging open - as if it's the first time they've ever laid eyes on a girl!!! :mad:. This happened to me the other day at work. I'd been discussing the pitfalls of men with another colleague and was feeling rather upset and sorry for myself, so I went outside to take a ciggy break and to get away from the topic of 'men who ogle women' for a bit. Lo and behold, just as I lit up, a bunch of disaffected youths enshrouded in '50 Cent' hoodies walked by the bench where i sat and literally STOPPED and STARED at me with their eyeballs and tongues practically hanging out of their heads. They weren't even 10cm away from me. That was it, I'd had it. I hurled my ciggarette down on the footpath, gave them the most venemous look I could muster and made like I was about to jump up and go after em. They turned and hurried off pretty quickly.

I felt like a right b**ch later. I shouldn't get so up in arms about the whole thing, I mean, what harm does it do, really? It's just something about that whole blank, open-mouthed stare lasting a bit too long which gives me the s**ts, for some reason.

If it's a good looking guy who looks like he is used to and expects attention, and he looks/stares I make a point of ignoring him like he doesn't exist.

Hey someone's got to do it!

Yeah, I'm a freak, I know.

Squeak... YOUR A ROCKSTAR!

But Lizzie is right, if a girl is looking at me in a sizing up or admiring(or bitchy, same thing) way, that really is the best compliment.

Same for men too. To get that jealous look from a man who is with his women and he looks to make sure she is not looking at you is the best (A real ego boost).

I wonder why attention from the same sex is sweeter than the opposite sex?:confused:

It depends on the person. Non-creepy types, I return the smile, a nod or a hello.

I was just thinking about posting something like this reply but TBF said it well...

so same here

I was just thinking about posting something like this reply but TBF said it well...

so same here

Life's too short to be consistently hostile or unfriendly with passing strangers. Even women will respond with a real smile if you smile back at their hostility/evaluation.

Life's too short to be consistently hostile or unfriendly with passing strangers. Even women will respond with a real smile if you smile back at their hostility/evaluation.

yes with the non creepy types...