Mother In law is pissing me off

Please help I need some advice before I blow up on her! Mother in law is a lady that loves to gossip. Since the start she has been bad mouthing my husband's father's family, as to how badly they treated her etc. She even talks about her other two son's, I mean she goes on and on about them. She even has the nerve to talk about her other daughter-in-law which I figure if she can smack about them she can smack about me. *sighs* My husband is deployed and it's becoming a drag how she is becoming. She thinks she can intimidate me by telling me to 'get over ****' when I am going through full time college and I have things to do and what not.

It's like she doesn't fuucken consider how much time needs to be put into ****. She nags at me about how it's all apart of life and blah blah blah like she's the one going through it. She even admitted to me that she doesn't have a high school diploma. She calls me a fuucken blabber mouth every time I talk to her. It's like she tells me these things to be honest but says it in a undermined way where it doesn't sound to mean. But I am figuring she is just having guilt trips by everything she says. I used to be close to her when I first met her and all but I guess as time goes on you see the side of people and how they truly are.

She is fat and huge and has all these pain problems, she gossips about everyone and thinks that she is on top because of other family members she brags about. I am starting to dislike her and I feel I need to stay away. But even at that it's like if I don't call her back when she does or don't even call out of the blue she bugs me and leaves stupid voice mails. Then when I try to call her back she doesn't even pick up the damn phone. It's like she is playing these dumb ass mind games with me. *sighs* I don't know if I should keep talking to her, I mean I have to let her know what's going on with her son. But then again it's like she wants to know everything that is going on with us. She is so goddamn nosy and well I am getting turned off by it. What can I do?!

Anonymous

Shes got you where she wants you it seems. You are playing right into her hands because she has you so angry, and upset. Its what she wants, to make herself feel superior. Have you ever asked her WHY she does or says the things she does or says? My guess is she led a miserable life, therefore she feels the need to make others life a living hell. Do you feel that is it, or just yours?

Its all about how someone reacts to how another person acts. Maybe try confronting her or calling her out on things, but in a calm rational manner. Not in a angry or accusatory manner, that solves nothing. If after you have told her how you feel, she continues to do this, ignore her. As long as she knows she is getting to you, she will keep doing it.

Ruby Tuesday

I absolutely hate my MIL with a passion.

My advice? Living in another state helps. We dont have to see her as often as when we were newlyweds. However, when she does come up to visit, my hubby splits and I'm the one who has to deal with her.

She does things like stir up **** between us. He cant deal with the conflicts because they are bull*sh*it conflicts, designed to start trouble between us for attention.

My husband says she is old and has problems but shes no innocent old lady. What can he do, write her off? She is his mother.

Shes a freaking sociopath.

She called my husband at work last week and she somehow ticked him off so bad he scolded her for disrupting him at work, so what does she do to get back at him? She emails me saying she wrote me some letter a long time ago re: past disagreements. At the time I told her to leave us alone and mind her business. Fat lot of good that did.

"I am sending you a letteer I wrote and sealed

months ago after your last email. I wasn't going

to send it as I thought what is the use-

but when I went to the hospital with a possible heart

attack - somehow I remembered it so I decided I really

must have wanted to send it. I don't remember

everything iin it and I pray you won't misunderstand

what I mean, If you do... remember sonny isn't

responsible for me and upsettiing him so he'll call

and yell at me won't do any good as I'll be far away.

I wish you would understand I mean

things with love and not hate.

Love, MIL

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So basicly, shes dropping a bomb on us expecting us to blow up at each other to have some fun with out lives. I hate her with a passion. She doesnt have heart problems, just alot of mental problems.