Dr. Brother's "Sexless Marriage" Test

From today's paper, true/false questions. I'll post the answers (her answers, not mine ;) ) after some have posted theirs.

1). The most frequently given reason for sexless marriages is that people are too busy. True or False?

2). While it may sound like a bad joke, women can actually be allergic to sex. True or False?

3). When overly busy couples take a weekend away from the kids and work worries, their sex lives are usually still non-existent. True or False?

4). Adult virgins usually have many reasons that have nothing to do with sex to explain their lack of relations. True or False?

5). For a marriage to be considered clinically sexless, there has to be a period of six months between encounters that include intercourse. True or False?

6). A sexless marriage should be considered normal for anyone aged 60 or over. True or False?

7). The loss of libido in a committed relationship is a problem for women who don't enjoy sex. True or False?

From today's paper, true/false questions. I'll post the answers (her answers, not mine ;) ) after some have posted theirs.

1). The most frequently given reason for sexless marriages is that people are too busy. True or False?

True - that or "too tired."

2). While it may sound like a bad joke, women can actually be allergic to sex. True or False?

False - if this is supposed to be true, it's a loose definition of "allergic."

3). When overly busy couples take a weekend away from the kids and work worries, their sex lives are usually still non-existent. True or False?

True

4). Adult virgins usually have many reasons that have nothing to do with sex to explain their lack of relations. True or False?

True

5). For a marriage to be considered clinically sexless, there has to be a period of six months between encounters that include intercourse. True or False?

False

6). A sexless marriage should be considered normal for anyone aged 60 or over. True or False?

False

7). The loss of libido in a committed relationship is a problem for women who don't enjoy sex. True or False?

True

• Author

Well, for whatever it's worth, Dr. Joyce says:

1). True. The stresses of long workdays and young chilldren put marital relations on the back burner.

2). True. Although it is rare, allergies to semen have been reported, especially in women with other allergies between 20 and 30.

3). False. Getting away to a hotel or resort will rekindle sexual feelings that have been dormant.

4). True. Virgins often give other reasons why the don't have sex, including no privacy, dissatisfaction with their bodies, shyness, etc.

5). False. Intercourse fewer than 10 times a year is considered a sexless marriage.

6). False. If seniors are in good health and have a partner, frequency of sexual encounters does not steeply decline in old age.

7). False. Although men report their lack of sexual satisfaction in marriage more often than women, men and women have equally strong sex drives throughout their lives and men are almost as likely to be the ones who "quit" sex.

She is the master of the obvious...

Mr. Lucky

• Author

Pretty sad to think that according to #5, you can only be having sex once a month and not be considered to have a sexless marriage!

Mr. Lucky

Could it be in your approach? Don't take it personally, I know nothing about you - perhaps you don't even want more sex in your marriage? But when the kids are beating me down and the laundry pile is growing. A little forethought or atmosphere can go a long way in making me more receptive to my man's advances. I enjoy sex, especially with my man. Every now & then I need to be reminded of that. Sometimes I feel so tired!!! A back massage or a little cuddle on the couch makes all the difference for me. Something to rejuvenate and rekindle my "man I am hot and desirable" persona versus feeling like "the #1 caregiver to all" or "house*itch". Just a thought.

I'm tired of reading messages like this. We don't have kids, so she's not tired from taking care of them. On laundry days we both do the switching and folding. At dinner time I almost always make the salads, do the cleanup and the entre preparation is about 50/50. On weekends I do most of the vacuuming. She likes foot and back massages, and cuddling. But after the massage she prefers to go back out to watch Survivor or soaps on the TiVo, leaving me to wack off alone in the bedroom.

Wow! Apathy, resentment and inconsiderate all rolled into one. I would have the good sense to say no, not tonight to you, too!

I'd like to think you get what you give in life.

I'm not following you. I'm doing all of the things you suggest, but none of them improve the situation.

Why the name calling?

You make me laugh! (and not in a mean way)

Sorry, name calling aside... your life/marriage sounds like drudgery! You're tired of laundry, salad making, posts like this, etc.. The most unromantic/uninspiring thing a man could do for me is let the mundane tasks in life take away his zest for life and our marriage.

Preparing supper or laundry may not be the most entertaining of activities. But a man who can do them unbegrudgingly (while I help out too of course!!) and then look at me like I'm dessert is one happy man. You sound like you're packing it in. I can't help but assume this comes through in other ways. No woman likes a man who makes it apparent that he can't be bothered or resents having to make an effort. Fight the apathy!!

As an aside, it's easier when she does the same!

Who says I have a grudge about making salads, vacuuming etc??

I said all that because it it's been said all over the place for years that if a wife doesn't want to have sex, it's because she's tired from taking care of the kids and all hubby needs to do is get his butt off the sofa and pitch in with the kids and household chores, give her a nice massage, AND THEN she'll want to have sex.

I was disputing that by pointing out that I DO a lot of stuff around the house with no complaints, but none of that has any effect on her sex drive.

if a wife doesn't want to have sex, it's because she's tired from taking care of the kids and all hubby needs to do is get his butt off the sofa and pitch in with the kids and household chores, give her a nice massage, AND THEN she'll want to have sex.

No, it takes a little more than that!! This is where you're missing my point. Do you have fun while making the salads? Do you enjoy it or resent it? Cause this shows and it will affect intimacy in a relationship.

Do you enjoy it or resent it?

If a chick needs to watch a guy have a blast while making a salad to get turned on then she's got some serious issues. :laugh:

"Lettuce, baby, F**K YEAAAAAAHHH!!!"

"Mmmmm, come to mama.."

:D

If a person wants sex they are not too tired for it. I have 4 kids work full time and I do everything around my house my husband does nothing,but I still find the time to have sex everyday.

No, it takes a little more than that!! This is where you're missing my point. Do you have fun while making the salads? Do you enjoy it or resent it? Cause this shows and it will affect intimacy in a relationship.

Let me get this straight.

He helps around the house doing all kinds of stuff.

His wife has no interest in sex.

It's HIS fault that she's not interested in sex because he's (according to you, cuz it sure wasn't evident in HIS post) not having fun while making the salad.

That's quite a story you've built.

If a person wants sex they are not too tired for it. I have 4 kids work full time and I do everything around my house my husband does nothing,but I still find the time to have sex everyday.

But are you haveing that sex with your husband? .;) ............ Sorry that was a bad joke.

No, I didn't build a story, ST. But, I think you just tried to.

I simply made a suggestion for someone who wanted more sex with his wife. If you don't like my idea, don't try it. It's that simple. Don't overcomplicate it.

Placing blame is pointless. Unless you need to be the victim or martyr (which is the case for many cheating spouses and OW). I'm just saying that perhaps before you go there or wear out your forearm, you can try something else to turn it up a notch with your wife.

I think it is futile (and petty) to take the stand that I refuse to do more until she does. Yes, your wife needs to wake up but having that attitude isn't going to get you what you want.

I made a salad at the bar last night but didn't get laid. WTF? I even juggled the tomatoes.

It's the sex version of the "soup nazi". You didn't smile while mixing in the oil and vinegar? No sex for you! Next!!

I'm tired of reading messages like this. We don't have kids, so she's not tired from taking care of them. On laundry days we both do the switching and folding. At dinner time I almost always make the salads, do the cleanup and the entre preparation is about 50/50. On weekends I do most of the vacuuming. She likes foot and back massages, and cuddling. But after the massage she prefers to go back out to watch Survivor or soaps on the TiVo, leaving me to wack off alone in the bedroom.

I hear ya. sometimes I am tempted to start a thread, but then I already know what all of the advice will be, so it seems pointless.

My wife can tell me over and over again that she thinks I am the best husdband in the world and that I spoil her... but still no booty.

When I find something that hasn't been already suggested 500 times, something that actually works, I will let you know.

Have you tried running a warm bubble bath for her, you know, with the rose petals?

Just kidding ..

I hear ya. sometimes I am tempted to start a thread, but then I already know what all of the advice will be, so it seems pointless.

My wife can tell me over and over again that she thinks I am the best husdband in the world and that I spoil her... but still no booty.

When I find something that hasn't been already suggested 500 times, something that actually works, I will let you know.

I simply made a suggestion for someone who wanted more sex with his wife. If you don't like my idea, don't try it. It's that simple. Don't overcomplicate it.

Placing blame is pointless.

{snip}

I think it is futile (and petty) to take the stand that I refuse to do more until she does. Yes, your wife needs to wake up but having that attitude isn't goingto get you what you want.

Really, you may want to re-read what StayClose posted. The guy was simply stating that he did a lot around the house. He was not complaining about it, nor was he saying anything even remotely to the point of not doing more until she does.

Placing blame IS pointless - so . . . why are you?