The struggle within

thestrugglewithin

Hi all,

I have been in an LDR for abt 2 years now. My girlfriend and me work in the same company and its been a rollercoaster ride. She really loves me and i could die for her. We plan to get married in Feb 07 (wish me luck guys!). Though we live on the other ends of the country , we still have pulled it this far. We get to meet abt twice/thrice a year for a week but we stay in touch through most of our waking hours.Our parents are very happy and supportive.

Recently though, i seem to have suddenly gotten bit by the jealousy/hurt bug and it hurts.Trying not to blow my own trumpet here, but i get hit on by girls all the time. For the last 2 years, however, i have just diligently avoided these situation at the cost of losing a major part of my social life coz i dont want to get into any situation which mght cause my girlfriend tension or hurt. My girlfreind is hot and she does her part ot keep the sharks at bay though being a very beautiful woman she gets hit on all the time.

About 2 months back, my girlfriend went for Salsa classes with a girl friend.

We tell each other everything but she never told me that she danced with this guy who seems to have been totally bewitched by her.Today, the guy seems to be constantly clling and emailing her which to her credit she does not respond to. She mentioned it to me probably due to fear or guilt(?) i do not know why.This creep works in the same company too (at her location). Our company has around 50000 employees so i dont know the guy.

I now suddenly find myself wondering why she did not ever tell me abt dancing with a strange guy....i do not want to accuse/shout/hurt her coz she is 22 and im 26 an i know i need to be mature and responsible for our realtionship.I get irritated deep inside an i have this constant feeling she is not doing enough to ask this guy to step off...its miserable.Am i over reacting and acting so damn insecure? i keep imagining his hands all over her and it freaks me out.....should i just let her handle it? Part of me is hurt she never mentioned it to me..if i go to a party an dance with some girl ..she wd be the first to know. Are my expectations too high? Am i doing anything right here...

thanks.

TSW: I can only guess that she didn't tell you because it was just some strange guy and it meant nothing to her.

If I were in her shoes, though, I would change my email address to get the guy off my back. Or I would talk to my human resources about not wanting his advances to continue.

(A bit of a related story: When I was married, my husband and I took dance lessons. It was basically a waste of money for us, but that's another story. Anyway, we had to change partners in order to understand how different people communicate [lead and follow] while dancing. I never gave the idea, of dancing with a strange man or him dancing with a strange woman, a second thought. Fast forward several years. I mentioned the dance lessons to my current boyfriend and he was surprised that my ex was okay with us dancing with other people. Until then, I hadn't thought of it that way. And can understand how that might make an SO uneasy.)

• Author
thestrugglewithin
TSW: I can only guess that she didn't tell you because it was just some strange guy and it meant nothing to her.

If I were in her shoes, though, I would change my email address to get the guy off my back. Or I would talk to my human resources about not wanting his advances to continue.

(A bit of a related story: When I was married, my husband and I took dance lessons. It was basically a waste of money for us, but that's another story. Anyway, we had to change partners in order to understand how different people communicate [lead and follow] while dancing. I never gave the idea, of dancing with a strange man or him dancing with a strange woman, a second thought. Fast forward several years. I mentioned the dance lessons to my current boyfriend and he was surprised that my ex was okay with us dancing with other people. Until then, I hadn't thought of it that way. And can understand how that might make an SO uneasy.)

Thanks for that reply. She has given him a warning via email (bcc'ing me!)IT makes me feel so much better!!!