LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

Everytime we fight she ignores me for a atleast a day

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Old 8th February 2018, 11:55 AM   #1

Everytime we fight she ignores me for a atleast a day

Just wondering how normal this is. I am 26 she is 36. We have been in a relationship long distance for almost 2 years now and have visited each other multiple times. Everytime we have an argument and she gets mad, even if we both come to an understanding, she ignores me for the rest of the day and the next day. It's getting really hard to deal with and just brush off because I feel like if we live together this will cause a real issue later on.
LoneWanderer4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 12:04 PM   #2
Established Member

You're 26... Go play the field, locally. Seriously, go have fun with women your own age.

Why do you want to put up with the immature "Cold Shoulder" treatment from someone who is supposed to be a middle aged adult?? And why would you even consider living with someone like that??

NEXT!!
Old 11th February 2018, 7:58 PM   #3

Lets get more into the psychology behind her behaviour.

As everyone knows relationships are a relentless power struggle, where partners fight for control of the relationship.

By ignoring you for a day she puts you on hold, while she cools off and makes you wait like a puppy for her to return to when she pleases.

Since you are in a long distance relationship she holds a lot of power over you, so I would suggest you have a talk with her about her behaviour when you guys are on talking terms and make sure she adheres to the agreement.

Tell her that is not how a healthy relationship works and that she needs to change that part about her no matter how hard it may seem in the heat of the moment. For all I care she can make a sticky note and hang it somewhere as a constant reminder what not to do in case of emergency.

If she disagrees with a solution I suggest you either 1) do the same to her 2) do the same but with an extended period of time to the point of her fear losing you for good or 3) if it's a dealbreaker for you, let her go, at least until she develops a new coping mechanism.
lovecanbeharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2018, 8:40 PM   #4
Established Member

I think that perhaps the way the two of you handle a disagreement could be a lot to do with it. There are good and bad ways to handle a disagreement, and doing it a bad way would make her need a bit of time to lick her wounds afterwards.

The last time this happened, what had you disagreed over? And how did the discussion go?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote