Found an old note from Ex and broke down crying

I ended a LDR in the middle of 2017. I am a guy in the USA. She is a woman in Costa Rica. While I was the one who ended it, it was not easy because I was really crazy about her.

We continued to communicate on a friendly basis until late 2017. She was hoping I would change my mind. I didn't. Finally, near the end of 2017, she basically said goodbye as she was with someone new at that point.

Going through some old boxes I found an old note with a sweet message from her right after we had first met in early 2015. My heart immediately sank and I broke down crying.

Yes, I know. I made my bed, now I have to sleep in it (alone). I have no contact with her anymore. She "blocked" me on WhatsApp and Facebook. That is probably for the best....I need to MOVE ON.......

What I take from things like this are feelings are not forever (despite when they use those exact words).

After my last ex dumped me I shredded everything she ever wrote me...along with notes/cards from previous exes I found.

Should have burned it.

MidnightBlue1980

What has changed? Unless you are ready to make a commitment (i.e. marriage) and one of you move where the other is, let her go. If you do feel you made a huge mistake and she is the one, life is short. Tell her how you feel.

• Like 2

Yeah ,similar situation and very long distance.

We split only in oct 17. there were issues as well as the someone moving thing butttt, well.

l've deleted and undeleted or stumbling over more stuff l missed dozens times, pain in the ass.

Your feelings must've been legit if it still effects you that way.

Can l ask why you ended it ?

My heart immediately sank and I broke down crying.
Well, that's good. You're not an even keel, that's the proof! It looks like she was the one who made you feel excited about things, and brought some spice into your life.

I need to MOVE ON.......
So why didn't you move on? What did you do these past 8 months? No dating?
  • 3 weeks later...