Do you believe in someone holding you back?

butterfly5545

Do you believe in someone holding you back from being with someone?It's like every time my boyfriend is about to came and see me either something happens and he doesn't show up or he just doesn't show up,so I try not to tell anyone that he's coming to my house because I don't want to jinx it.

• Author
butterfly5545

And this one time I was going to see him,this was one year a few years back before either Christmas or new year's eve,he was getting ready to leave his work to see me,and he slipped and fell at his work,he had to spend that holiday at the hospital.

• Author
butterfly5545
"Every time"?? Really?

Surely that is not the case.

Here is the thing,If I don't tell anyone he's coming then he comes to my house,I just think that someone doesn't want me to be with him,is that weird or what?

Michelle ma Belle
Here is the thing,If I don't tell anyone he's coming then he comes to my house,I just think that someone doesn't want me to be with him,is that weird or what?

Who??

Is it the same person that sabotages things?

How old are you?

Michelle ma Belle
I know it's stupid to think that

Well it is if you can't point to any one specific person or provide any kind of proof of them blocking you from seeing your boyfriend.

Perhaps this is more about the universe working against you than anything else. But even that seems like a stretch.

You sound young so I'm just going chalk this up to just being a bit immature and naive about relationships.

Good luck.

• Author
butterfly5545
Well it is if you can't point to any one specific person or provide any kind of proof of them blocking you from seeing your boyfriend.

Perhaps this is more about the universe working against you than anything else. But even that seems like a stretch.

You sound young so I'm just going chalk this up to just being a bit immature and naive about relationships.

Good luck.

No Im not young and naive ok but I will tell you,my brother died a few years ago and I know this is going to sound weird but I think that he may be looking out for me and he might not want my boyfriend and me to be together,this was a few years ago when my boyfriend was talking bad about me,but this was when we weren't together anymore,but I gave him another chance after it was all done.

Michelle ma Belle
No Im not young and naive ok but I will tell you,my brother died a few years ago and I know this is going to sound weird but I think that he may be looking out for me and he might not want my boyfriend and me to be together,this was a few years ago when my boyfriend was talking bad about me,but this was when we weren't together anymore,but I gave him another chance after it was all done.

So you think the universe (aka your brother) is working against you and your boyfriend.

Not sure why you just didn't start off with that instead of being so vague with "someone".

It doesn't sound 'weird' necessarily. I mean, no one really knows if that is indeed the case and there isn't really any way to prove your brother is behind this but if you think he might be, perhaps you should consider why that would be.

Personally, I think you're reading way too much into things.

Yep ,l know what your sayin.

l had similar things goin on with my gf , well ex gf now.

And l'm not young and naive either, l was married before her,

It was a LTR and l truly started believing someone up there was intervening. Some people believe we have guardian angels or passed relatives sometimes watching us, hope that ain't it it's too creepy for me.

But we had the exact same thing happen over and over only on a much bigger scale because she was flying across to see me 3 or 4 times, but some crazy thing at my end went wrong and l had to cancel her coming each time..

It really was as if someone up there was seriously trying to keep us apart, the things that happened were just too weird and too out there,

Honestly, l truly started to wonder if something else was at work . Creepy l know, but there were just too many big coincidences.

3 out of the 4 last times I saw an old friend from college something bad happened to her right before she came: she lost a big client at work; she got in a car accident & she tripped & fell. She started calling me a jinx.

I'm sorry your BF isn't coming now. I don't think your dead brother is preventing you two from seeing each other.

Meant to say, LDR relationship sorry.

But actually in what your saying Don , there are some people l won't mention some things too these days because l've seen a pattern where anytime l have in the past , some shyts happened relating to it straight afterwards.

• Author
butterfly5545
3 out of the 4 last times I saw an old friend from college something bad happened to her right before she came: she lost a big client at work; she got in a car accident & she tripped & fell. She started calling me a jinx.

I'm sorry your BF isn't coming now. I don't think your dead brother is preventing you two from seeing each other.

You know what it's like my boyfriend and mines relationship has been based on all lies and Im sick and tired of it,Im too much of a good person to get treated like he treats me and I really don't deserve to be treated how he treats me.

Then break up with him. If he continually makes plans but fails to follow through, your relationship may be based on lies. In that instance somebody is holding you back -- HIM.

• Like 2
  • Author
butterfly5545
Then break up with him. If he continually makes plans but fails to follow through, your relationship may be based on lies. In that instance somebody is holding you back -- HIM.

Thanks for the advice that is very try,and Im so tired of getting used every guy I have had in my life has just used me.

As you are healing from this break up see if you can identify any patterns with all these guys you say used you. Then avoid those types in your next relationship. Do consider dating locally to avoid all the headaches that come with an LDR

• Like 1
  • Author
butterfly5545
As you are healing from this break up see if you can identify any patterns with all these guys you say used you. Then avoid those types in your next relationship. Do consider dating locally to avoid all the headaches that come with an LDR

I agree thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well,funny you say that. l know it makes no sense , but l have a real thing for long distance relationships now.

l should be lunging at as much real life as l can get but l dunno , somehow we had other things instead , and it was just surreal , loved it. Yet of course we craved more real too.

But then l do love different , and this was very very different and it was intense.

l'd go there again , right girl.

l know ,l must be mad.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't speak for other guys but when I was doing the LDR thing, whether intercontinental or with my wife to be some 60 miles away, nothing kept me from being with the woman I loved. Sure, gotta make a living and deal with life's stuff but they were a priority and my actions reflected it. However! :D The lesson I learned in all that was to watch for them making me a similar priority. Harsh lessons in that regard. I learned the definitition of what it meant to let someone love you. Great life lesson and those who taught it I thank them. I just smiled as I got a text from one of the teachers not more than a few minutes ago. Gave her ten years of my life. She taught me some of the best lessons.

Good luck with yours. LDR's are tough even under the best and most loving of circumstances.

He tells me he wants to come and see me then he doesn't show up it's not right at all.

Yeah sorry butterfly , to begin with l thought you were meaning it in a different way in the original.

But nah , with what your sayin here somethings not sounding right.

Edited by Chilli