Why Do You Think I Was Blocked in Online Chat?

Hello,

I stayed in Eastern Europe and this is my last week there.

Saw online ad for a service for meeting new people as well as dating.

Decided to open account to form potential connections.

Answered some questions which put me in almost 50% match with one woman to which I received notification. Then that woman initiated chat and told me she wanted to know me. Eventually I was blocked so I wanted to ask others here to review steps I took and know their opinion as to why I was blocked.

1. She messages that she wants to get acquainted with me

2. She was university student, aged at 29 and looking for 33-45 year old male. (I'm 34 by the way)

I wondered why she didn't look for male of her own age at least and raised minimum aged to 33. One thought that came to mind was that she is looking for materialistic support, marriage and family. I don't know but if that's so, I am not sure how feasible would that be with long-distance relationship.

3. I asked whether she is looking for friendship or serious relations.

4. She replied that she does not have time to sit in a chat.

5. I told her that I am currently here visiting my relatives and plan to return to live here.

6. She told me that we can try and that she will email me her photos and tell about herself.

7. I replied with email address and mentioned that I am leaving in a week time.

I waited a few days and did not get email from her. I wanted to chat with her but found out I was blocked.

That's it. I planned to meet her that week before flight...

I would not create this post if I was not emotionally attached to situation but I am and it seems I became emotionally invested into situation that I now experience withdrawal in a form of emotional attachment or something. It's hard to get back to life and what I was doing before. It's like my soul was prepared for new experience due to thoughts I had and now it's gone...

What do you think guys/gals? Interested to know your perspective.

Thanks.

Edited by HotPepper

You are emotionally attached to a chat screen. You probably need to work on yourself before you can have a relationship with someone else.

Sounds a bit silly for your age man, you only said a few words to each other and you don't even know what she looks like.

Anyway the blocking who knows , maybe that you were leaving.

• Author
You are emotionally attached to a chat screen. You probably need to work on yourself before you can have a relationship with someone else.

Never had a date, let alone girl before. Yes, people like me exist but there are minority of them.

Do you know of a good resource which will help to work on myself in that aspect?

Sounds a bit silly for your age man, you only said a few words to each other and you don't even know what she looks like.

Yes, silly. We are talking about emotions that I feel surpass logical reasoning though. Sometimes I get a feeling that I did something wrong and will now be missing something because of it.

Edited by HotPepper

Yeah right, don't worry l think most would get that feeling l know l did .

Happened a few times when l was on a date site few yrs back, left wondering just wtf did she go , why.

Happens to the girls too.

I don't think you did anything wrong other than getting attached to an idea of someone you don't even know. You really have no clue who you've been communicating with, if she's really single, if she is even a she.

In other words, there could be a hundred reasons why you're blocked that have nothing to do with you personally. Maybe she met someone else who's not leaving. Maybe her boyfriend or husband caught her. Maybe she's a catfish.

I would recommend general socializing and meeting women in a relaxed environment if you feel you are lacking in experience. Getting emotionally attached to someone you've never laid eyes on is a sign that you need some more real-world experience first, to re-balance your perspective.