LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

5 year LD relationship over

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th September 2017, 11:17 AM   #46

I'm sure this won't be the first or last time I ever write this, but this is why I'll never "do" facebook or any of that stuff. I think it complicates matters so much. There's too much re: checking statuses and blocking friends and invites and requests, and...to be honest I don't know how a lot of it works but I hear far more horror stories about it than I do happy stuff.

That was just my little contribution...
MyOphelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2017, 10:20 PM   #47
Established Member

I don't do FaceBook either......easy peasy.

I have had people tell me "I can't believe you don't have a FB page" and then there are people who tell me "be thankful you don't have a FB page, too much drama."

Go figure.....
HarmonyDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:07 PM   #48

facebook

I understand your point of view that facebook is evil, i been on it for 10 years and the only reasons are: I have family and friends from high school on it and i reconnected with some old friends. I admit when it comes to relationships and ex girlfriends, it is complicated because you ask yourself: Should i block her? should i unblock? should i delete them?

You can get hurt and hurt others feelings especially with romantic relationships.
Also some people post a lot of selfies and show a fake view of their life like everything is perfect. In reality they have problems and setbacks like everyone else.
Pirandello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2017, 11:30 AM   #49
Established Member

I resisted FB for a long time. My brother convinced me to setup an account so that we can keep up with one another's family. Now, I have friends and family communicating with me via FB. I check it maybe 1-2x per week from a couple of minutes at a time and post less than that. FB becomes an issue if you allow it. FB in itself, is not an issue. I befriend everyone that wants to. I don't add gfs and exes, etc. It is strictly my and my family's point of online presence and not a retelling of every minute, event of my life.
Old 4th October 2017, 4:54 PM   #50

I do understand that it's not necessarily that FB is "evil" - because that's as crazy as saying "guns are evil." It's the PERSON and the PEOPLE and how they use these things that are the bottom line.

But I still don't want anything to do with it because I compartmentalize, and I'm not sure that how I communicate with my friends would be what I'd want to share with my family. Well not me personally as I have no family... but generally speaking, I think it's not a good idea. I've seen more harmful things come from it and I'd rather not be a part of something like that.
MyOphelia is offline   Reply With Quote