Long Distance Rebounds...

jonnymafioso

What are peoples thoughts on them?

My ex and I separated (9 years) (i the dumper) about almost a year ago yet we still lived together and did everything as a couple still.

She met someone at a festival 3.5 hours away and sleeps with him the same night (may). She has been in contact with him since and has brought him over to our apartment (i moved out a month ago).

She is very insecure about herself, has trust issues, and has a ton of anxiety at 36. The only thing this man and I have in common is that we're of spanish descent.

I'm curious as to how rebound relationships work with long distance?

DragonzRoost

Having been through a similar situation of living with a cheating ex bf, I had no where to go and was also paying rent. You meet them at their place and take turns visiting them. It is usually for replacing the pain of breaking up by using someone else for pleasure. You don't cross the lines of creating anything intimate or talk of having a relationship. They are all for the worst reasons and are not bf material however,the sex is what keeps you around. They can comfort healing wounds by relating to your situation, but once the fun has came to an end the distance slowly keeps you both away. You know the chances of something like this working are slim, but sex is the only thing that keeps you staying. If she brings him over and he knows about you, it can be a game to start jealousy or leave their mark. That..and going to the other person's house all the time eventually makes it taxing because they don't want to invest time if there is nothing in it for them. Meeting at her place makes it easier on him and creates more time for sex..which = less time for pain.

• Like 1
  • Author
jonnymafioso
Having been through a similar situation of living with a cheating ex bf, I had no where to go and was also paying rent. You meet them at their place and take turns visiting them. It is usually for replacing the pain of breaking up by using someone else for pleasure. You don't cross the lines of creating anything intimate or talk of having a relationship. They are all for the worst reasons and are not bf material however,the sex is what keeps you around. They can comfort healing wounds by relating to your situation, but once the fun has came to an end the distance slowly keeps you both away. You know the chances of something like this working are slim, but sex is the only thing that keeps you staying. If she brings him over and he knows about you, it can be a game to start jealousy or leave their mark. That..and going to the other person's house all the time eventually makes it taxing because they don't want to invest time if there is nothing in it for them. Meeting at her place makes it easier on him and creates more time for sex..which = less time for pain.

Right. I think it was done out of haste as she literally cannot be alone and wishes she could "turn off her feelings".

It's not to say they visit each other's apartments, this was the first time, they have hung out since May a total of 2-3 weekends.

From what a friend told me, the sex is "out of this world" but the communication is terrible, and, there is a language barrier. Not sure how willing someone with emotional abandoment issues is willing to try to make it work...

DragonzRoost

Not really sure but, if the sex is "out of this world" then that could be the reason she stays. I'm also curious why your friend feels the need to tell you this? :confused:

Right. I think it was done out of haste as she literally cannot be alone and wishes she could "turn off her feelings".

It's not to say they visit each other's apartments, this was the first time, they have hung out since May a total of 2-3 weekends.

From what a friend told me, the sex is "out of this world" but the communication is terrible, and, there is a language barrier. Not sure how willing someone with emotional abandoment issues is willing to try to make it work...

Let her go and you need to find someone else. She into Espanol Men so that's it! If you both are the same. Sex is Sex she likes with him instead of you. Move on forget her!

• Author
jonnymafioso
Let her go and you need to find someone else. She into Espanol Men so that's it! If you both are the same. Sex is Sex she likes with him instead of you. Move on forget her!

Oh I'm starting to. Thank you.