LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

LDR After 14 years

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Whodatdog
  • 3 Post By anika99
  • 1 Post By Marissa718

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th July 2017, 11:12 PM   #1

LDR After 14 years

I met this guy online 14 years ago, after chatting for a while he came to visit me and spent the weekend together. He went back to Seattle and we kept in touch. He kept asking me to visit him after but I refused because I realized I wasn't attracted to him. He then moved to DC and still asking me to visit but each time he asked I find an excuse not to go. I didn't tell him that I wasn't attracted to him. Our last conversation was probably 3 years ago and I never thought about him until last month on Father's Day. Out of the blue he came into my mind so I decided to send him a text message saying "Happy Father's Day" I didn't expect any response because I wasn't even sure if he changed his number already. A few minutes later I got a response from him he was so happy to hear from me. Since then we never stopped talking and texting everyday. I found out that he kept my pictures that I sent him 3 years ago and even remember my birthday.

What I don't understand is I think I am falling in love with him. I am constantly thinking about him. Always waiting for his calls and messages. He is always updating me about how his day is going, how he misses me and how he wants to see me again. He make sure that he calls me before I go home from work and tell me to drive safe and text or call me to say goodnight and text me good morning before I even wake up plus the calls and text messages throughout the day. I never felt so secured. But it makes me wonder how is it possible to take 14 years to realize that I like him? And I feel that he is the one that I want to grow old with and spend the rest of my life. Are we going too fast? I'm planning on visiting him soon.

I need advise please.

Marissa
Marissa718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2017, 7:08 AM   #2
Established Member

Are you going too fast after knowing him for 14 years? If you dont know by now I dont know when you will.
Chilli likes this.
Whodatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 4:00 AM   #3

I never felt so secured. But it makes me wonder how is it possible to take 14 years to realize that I like him? And I feel that he is the one that I want to grow old with and spend the rest of my life. Are we going too fast? I'm planning on visiting him soon.

I need advise please.

Marissa

- Do not overthink just go to him, you will find out if you really love him or have made a romantic story in the head. Spend time together and be honest. He definitely seems to like you waiting for you and remembering all he does. Take a look inside and try to not overthink, just go to him and experience it and you will know if you are meant to be.
Good luck!
Zanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 8:01 AM   #4
Established Member

lt could be 100 things or what your feeling could be real.
l go with Zanth , just visit ,spend time with him, and all your questions should be answered.

Good luck.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 10:12 PM   #5

LDR After 14 years

Thank you, I really appreciated all the input. I'm new to this forum but find it really helpful.

Marissa
Old 15th July 2017, 11:55 AM   #6
Established Member

14 years you feel in love with him and now attractive with him. So you know in your heart what you should do now. Go be with him as he is the guy for you. I gave you a free reading now enjoy your life...

May it be the life you really wanted to have! Amen!
Age doesn't matter, but Love does matter! Which love it's the magical one "I love you" also I am in love with you" More powerful than anyone age! If you really love that person you are so interested in you would move heavens and mountains to reach them!'
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2017, 3:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
14 years you feel in love with him and now attractive with him. So you know in your heart what you should do now. Go be with him as he is the guy for you. I gave you a free reading now enjoy your life...

May it be the life you really wanted to have! Amen!
Thank you so much, this really helps me lot.

Marissa
Old 18th July 2017, 7:21 PM   #8
Established Member

Hi Marissa,

I can try and find an explanation for what you're experiencing. You are now 14 years older, and even if you're still the same person, we tend to get wiser (most of us at least) over time. As teenagers, we tend to go more by the looks, in our 20s we start being a bit more selective. Going on, we focus on some qualities for our partners that didn't matter much before. So it could make sense that you didn't feel attracted back then, and you might now.
Also, attraction starts in the head. And knowing he still longs for you after all this time is understandably pleasing and very appealing. So meet up with him and see if the attraction is there in person too.
justwhoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 1:31 AM   #9
Established Member

Actually my advice would be to cool it on the romance until you see him again in person. Sounds like you were attracted to him when you first met him online 14 yrs ago but then when you saw him in the flesh there wasn't really any chemistry or attraction. This may still be the case so before you create anymore of a romantic online relationship with him you should go see him and see if there really is a spark.
anika99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 11:30 PM   #10

Thank you all for your advice, input and opinions. I am going to follow what my heart tells me. We have been talking everyday, multiple times a day. First time in my life I feel so secure. He constantly text or call me everyday even just to say hi or to tell me how his day is going, and let me know that he is always thinking about me and how misses and want to see me. He also keeps me updated about his day to day activities (going to the gym, visiting his Mom, running errands...etc) I am flying to Seattle third week of Aug to finally meet again after 14 years. I am very optimistic and don't feel any doubt about him which I never felt with my past relationhips.
Chilli likes this.
Old 24th September 2017, 6:01 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissa718 View Post
Thank you all for your advice, input and opinions. I am going to follow what my heart tells me. We have been talking everyday, multiple times a day. First time in my life I feel so secure. He constantly text or call me everyday even just to say hi or to tell me how his day is going, and let me know that he is always thinking about me and how misses and want to see me. He also keeps me updated about his day to day activities (going to the gym, visiting his Mom, running errands...etc) I am flying to Seattle third week of Aug to finally meet again after 14 years. I am very optimistic and don't feel any doubt about him which I never felt with my past relationhips.
How did it go???