How do I get long distance crush to visit

Trampminer

So I have a friend who works for an airport and has bragged for months she could come down to see me anytime for free, but the few times she's put it on her calendar she's flaked on me. When we first meet I managed to have her fly down for a weekend. It was the best week I'd had all year.

I would go and see her but I'm in the military and can't take leave for a year.

We started off as just long distance friends, but I turned it romantic with flowers and gifts on valentines. She would threaten to come see me again after that but always put it off.

And I'm trying to get her to actually comeback again but it needs to be her idea.

ExpatInItaly

I think if she keeps putting it off, she's not all that interested, unfortunately.

Although, this could very much depend on why she cancels - work? Family obligations? What were the reasons she gave you?

How do I get long distance crush to visit?

You don't. You can extend the invitation but it is her decision whether to accept your invitation or not. The fact that she hasn't made the trip at this point likely indicates that she is not interested. I'm sorry.

• Like 1
  • Author
Trampminer

Appreciate the feedback but only looking for solutions. I don't care if I succeed but I'll try. Anyways I never ask her myself to comedown she brings it up on her own. Why would she do that?

ExpatInItaly
Appreciate the feedback but only looking for solutions. I don't care if I succeed but I'll try. Anyways I never ask her myself to comedown she brings it up on her own. Why would she do that?

What solution can you really expect when she has not taken action herself? It's not like you can force her to come.

What were her reasons for canceling before? Have you tried taking the initiative and inviting her for a specific weekend?

It's impossible to say she keeps bringing it up and then canceling. Maybe she's dating someone local and doesn't want to totally screw that up by going to see you, but she hasn't totally written you off yet.