Should I get in touch with him again?

Summerman

Hi, I was in a 6-month LDR with this guy, but I ended it due to me having feelings for him (while him not). So, there's been no communication for the last 1,5 month. Now I feel like contacting him again to become/remain friends - I have no expectations he'll start feeling for me, though.

Should I get in touch with him again? I feel tempted to do so..

Thanks.

No, don't do it. He's an ex who didn't care for you equally. He's not a friend.

• Author
Summerman
No, don't do it. He's an ex who didn't care for you equally. He's not a friend.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe you're right.

Yeah, I agree. Probably not worth your time.

IF you both share a passion or hobby together (art history, film, etc.) then I could see taking a shot at friendship.

Absent that you are just setting yourself up to wait around for a guy who apparently is not that into you. His loss. Move on to find someone else. Life is short.

• Like 1
  • Author
Summerman

Hi again, just a quick update..

He messaged me on whatsapp 3 hours ago, saying: "Hi, how are you? If I am bothering you, let me know.." Later on, he added that he misses me..

Even though it may be considered a blunder, I replied, and confirmed the same feeling. He also told me he was coming at the end of June, and asked if we could meet..I agreed.

When I asked him whether the reason for contacting me was to be just friends, or something has changed toward me, he said that we click in many regards, but the problem is: "I'm not mature sexually - even though he was in 2-3 long relationships for the last 15 years..I replied that I was always interested in a partly open relationship - which is in fact the way I feel. He responded 'released'...

I don't know how to take things from here now...

• Author
Summerman
What did you mean by "partly open" and what did he mean by "released"?

Not to be confined by monogamy, given that he said he hadn't had enough sexual experiences..I like this kind of relationship.

He once told me his exes were too controlling, and that was stifling to him..

Gr8fuln2020

He sounds flaky to me. During the 6-months how many times did you meet? Have sex?

• Author
Summerman
He sounds flaky to me. During the 6-months how many times did you meet? Have sex?

We met three times in total. The sex was awesome, but it seems that he just wants my attention back, not that his feelings have changed.

Gr8fuln2020
We met three times in total. The sex was awesome, but it seems that he just wants my attention back, not that his feelings have changed.

Yes. He wants your attention and company (for sex) until he finds someone better (in his mind). You have only met 3x and the last two involved sex. Men, especially will go all out until they get laid and then pfft... the fireworks of energy and excitement are quickly dowsed.

Anyway, you ought not be too concerned about what and how he feels, right? If he is coming up just for sex, why not? You said yourself that you like relationships that are not confined by monogamy.