Should be I message him on the dating to reestablish contact between us?

Hi, I have been meeting with this man 2-3 times a year for the last 3 years, when he comes to my city on business from a neighboring country. We like each other but distance makes things harder,too.

He's a bit inconsistent - for example, we had once arranged to meet the following day but he didn't write at all, saying at least that something came up, etc..Anyway, he won't give much importance to such "minor details" - as he would consider them.

On the other hand, he complains about me not initiating contact often with him on whatsapp..

We haven't talked for 3 months, and I'm missing him considerably these days, even though we may not not be more than sexdates..The hitch is I don't have his number anymore. I erased it..due to lack of contact ?!

Should I now message him on his profile on the dating site? Or wait for him to write me? Thanks.

No you should not message him on the dating app nor wait for him to contact you. That wait will be in vain. You rightly deleted him # because you realized he was not as into you as you are into him. The fact that he's on a dating app means he wants somebody else. If he wanted you, you never would have lost contact.

Block him off the app & go seek somebody who actually likes you back.

ExpatInItaly

What's the point, really?

He's not interested in keeping in touch if you haven't heard from him in three months.

I would let it go. After a couple of years and infrequent meet-ups, it's not going to progress. It would be a lot more fulfilling to find someone local.

No you should not message him on the dating app nor wait for him to contact you. That wait will be in vain. You rightly deleted him # because you realized he was not as into you as you are into him. The fact that he's on a dating app means he wants somebody else. If he wanted you, you never would have lost contact.

Block him off the app & go seek somebody who actually likes you back.

Thanks for the feedback..As I said in the original thread, it's true that he initiated contact more often than me on whatsapp, but in real life he was less consistent if it was about getting together..

(I remember once I messaged him 'Hi dear' and he replied 'Hi' after about 24 hours although he had been on the app during that timespan..)

ExpatInItaly
Thanks for the feedback..As I said in the original thread, it's true that he initiated contact more often than me on whatsapp, but in real life he was less consistent if it was about getting together..

(I remember once I messaged him 'Hi dear' and he replied 'Hi' after about 24 hours although he had been on the app during that timespan..)

I'm confused, are you the OP?

What's the point, really?

He's not interested in keeping in touch if you haven't heard from him in three months.

I would let it go. After a couple of years and infrequent meet-ups, it's not going to progress. It would be a lot more fulfilling to find someone local.

Thanks for the input..You're right. I liked him (and still do) but it can't go on like this if he's taken me for granted!

Yes, I am. Was there some confusion or misunderstanding?

The OPs screen name was NiceGuy11. Your name is alpet. We didn't know you had 2 accounts.

The OPs screen name was NiceGuy11. Your name is alpet. We didn't know you had 2 accounts.

Yes, you're right..I couldn't open the first account when I wanted to post the original thread. That's why I created the second one. Then I checked my email and reactivated it..Sorry, I made a mess of the two...