Long distance relationship and break up

Hi!

I am actually in a long distance relationship for 1.4 years. We met and decided to be together even though i was studying in another country. We were perfect and we were hapoy for 1 year! And now i feel horrible...he decided that we will be better appart...we didn't break up yet but i can see it coming...i am scared and i love him! I am 20years old and i feel like I am not going to move on if we break up. Please give me your ideas

Apologies for my poor English:)

ExpatInItaly

Long-distance is hard, especially if you hadn't dated in person beforehand. Because it sounds like you've only met once (is that correct?) there's not much to sustain a relationship, unfortunately. Most people would struggle because it just can't compare to dating someone locally, who can be there in your physical presence.

How did you meet, and how far apart are you?

I can assure you that even if you do break up, you will someday move on. Nearly all of us have done so, at some point. It will hurt but you will be able to manage and push forward.

• Author

No we did met! Actually we are together every 2monts an he is also traveling 5h to visit me during the semester period tha we aee in unis. He studies in my hometown so especially during summer break we stay together fo 3 months go vacations. During xmas and easter we are also together celebrating with our families and friends... i mean we are really close

ExpatInItaly

Ah, I see.

Unfortunately that probably means he's breaking up for reasons other than just distance.

What was the conversation surrounding his assertion that he thinks you'd be better apart? Have there been other problems, or indications that he's losing interest ?

ExpatInItaly
The conversation was actually that he got tiered of the distance....:/

All you can really do is take him at his word.

Distance isn't for everyone. Most of us need a lot more in-person contact and time spent together than an LDR can offer.