Go or not?

Hey everyone,

I made a trip with my friends to Morocco 3 weeks ago. During this trip, I met a guy (who is my friend's cousin). We hit it off for 4 days and I started to really like him, and he liked me too. He asked me if I wanted to come back for a few days, and he even was willing to pay my ticket (I dont mind paying myself, but he just suggested it).

When I came back home, I told my mother; I met a guy in Morocco and maybe I would like to go back to see him for a few days. She started to get mad and told me it was crazy to go back for a guy I barely know. She involved my brother and they basically shamed me for accepting his offer to come back for a few days. My brother said I was crazy to trust this guy and that I was super naive and he was sure the guy has bad intentions with me. (I would like to know from you guys: does this sound as a normal reaction?)

The problem is I like this guy but the flight is approx. 4 hours long (so its pretty far from where I live), and my mother would not let me (ps: im 24 years old)

So I don't know if I should go. We are still texting a lot and I do kind of miss him.. The guy says he is not giving up on me.

But.. I dont know if it would ever work between us, because of the long distance..

What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks in advance :o

Save

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
language ~T
He asked me if I wanted to come back for a few days, and he even was willing to pay my ticket
Why didn't you say he could go visit his cousin and meet you there?

they basically shamed me
I'm not sure what your heritage is, but their view would be the same as most of the population in Morocco. Did you consider that?

he was sure the guy has bad intentions with me. (I would like to know from you guys: does this sound as a normal reaction?)
Again, you didn't share anything about your family background. By "bad intentions" he might mean that the guy feels like seizing the moment without any real commitment in mind. I'm not sure, but there's certainly reason for concern. Are you a muslim trying to date a muslim? If the answer to that is no, then maybe you can tell us a bit more about you both, so that we can understand the scenario better. Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Author
Why didn't you say he could go visit his cousin and meet you there?

I'm not sure what your heritage is, but their view would be the same as most of the population in Morocco. Did you consider that?

Again, you didn't share anything about your family background. By "bad intentions" he might mean that the guy feels like seizing the moment without any real commitment in mind. I'm not sure, but there's certainly reason for concern. Are you a muslim trying to date a muslim? If the answer to that is no, then maybe you can tell us a bit more about you both, so that we can understand the scenario better.

Hi :)

I'm German, and not a muslim. My family is usually very ''free'' and that is why I was kind of shocked by how they reacted.

He is not a muslim either by the way

Ask him to come see you then. He's willing to put in the money already, right? So it's little more effort for him to come visit you.

Okay. Well, although your mother is right, why are you still taking orders from her at 24??? Jeez.

But yes, it can be dangerous. Have him come to you.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing that you are 24. You are a grown woman. Why does your mother n' brother have a say in the relationship? Sure they can go on about being worried about your safety. But you an adult, not a child.