Should I start LD?

Previously, I've done long-distance with 2 gfs; one for a little over two years and one for about 10 months. Both relationships did not work out.

I met this girl at an event about 20 months ago. We both had just gotten out of really bad relationships (not LD) but hit it off well and ended up hooking up. We then somehow managed to keep talking and saw each other:

5 months later for about 5 days at another event,

then 3 months later for 5 days for vacation,

then 3 months later for a week at another event

Obviously, each time we saw each other it was great; chemistry, intimacy, everything. And we spoke pretty frequently during the times apart. Then it got to the point where we didn't know when we would see each other again (due to work, etc.) and she decided it'd be best if we didn't talk. That lasted for about 5 months, then we started talking again and 4 months later ended up going on a week long trip (which was also great).

So now, two weeks after the trip, she has given me the ultimatum: date me LD or never talk to me again.

The soonest we could realistically live together is Summer 2018. We have a 7h time difference. Based on my previous LD experience, I know this is going to be difficult. I'm also, obviously, very stubborn about this situation.

Any advice would be welcomed.

I assume you're in the northern hemisphere, so summer 2018 is 1.5 years from now?

That period of LDR sounds technically doable to me, even with a 7hr timezone difference. The SO and I did 2 years and survived (closed the distance several years ago, still together). It wasn't easy and took everything we had, though, which brings me to the actual concern. The two of you don't sound like you have a foundation strong enough to weather the distance. So I'd vote no in your case.

• Like 2

How much of a dreamer are you? If you have a vision, follow it.

However, if you can't follow through, because you know yourself and you're just bad in a LDR, then tell her so. It's very likely you will lose this chance, but you never know what new doors will open up for you in the future.

• Like 1