Skype sex with my first cousin... is this okay?

Im having skype sex with my first cousin. Im 34, he's 32. I just got out of a 10 year relationship 6 mths ago, and been feeling very sexually frustrated. He's separated from his wife for 3 years now. He lives in Canada, and im from Cali. We skype every morning and every night before bed for 2 hrs. We tell each other we love each other every day on text. He said he's in love with me, I feel the same. We have skype sex every 3 days...we basically masturbate in front of each other on skype..

is this okay?

Edited by Xtine733
is this okay?

I don't think it's healthy, it's just surrogate sex. It's one thing to keep up intimacy between two people who are in love and love one another using technology, another is to use only technology. Also, if it works for you now, can it work for you both endlessly? Self-stimulation and in-person sex are two different things.

But I guess your dilemma about it being right or wrong has more to do with the fact that the guy is a first cousin of yours. Is it thrilling you because a relationship with a relative is somewhat taboo? Have you asked yourself that? Would you like something more to happen with him? And if so, would you be socially comfortable in having a relationship with him?

I might be wrong, but it looks like you're both just comforting each other using virtual sex. For me it'd be like misusing something great. So I can understand you questioning yourself regarding the matter.

• Like 2

Lol, short answer...No.

Longer answer and scientific answer....No, those recessive genes (should you guys do the do and get pregnant) can be a killer...quite literally.

Rational answer: There are 7 billion people and counting on the planet. Do you really want to be kissing (and some) cousins?? Find someone else...at least an uncle by marriage or something (I'm kidding, don't do that either).

• Like 2

What have I just read?

No, I personally don't think it's healthy, nor is it to be deemed appropriate on any level.

I'll leave it there.

• Like 4
Im having skype sex with my first cousin. Im 34, he's 32. I just got out of a 10 year relationship 6 mths ago, and been feeling very sexually frustrated. He's separated from his wife for 3 years now. He lives in Canada, and im from Cali. We skype every morning and every night before bed for 2 hrs. We tell each other we love each other every day on text. He said he's in love with me, I feel the same. We have skype sex every 3 days...we basically masturbate in front of each other on skype..

is this okay?

Although I wouldn't do that, since first cousin sexual relationships and marriage are legal in California and Canada of course it's okay.

On the other hand it is worth considering the following: "If parents are unrelated, their chance of having a child with a birth defect or disability is between. 2% and 3%. If parents are first cousins, the chance is a little higher at 5% to 6%."

That said mutually masturbating over Skype, is a pretty miserable way to have a sexual relationship.

Until or unless you actually have an in person sexual relationship with your cousin, you both won't know if you like doing it together. At the end of the day you both might not enjoy each other at all.

That's your first cousin, you know it's not the right thing to do. He's kin, blood, related all sorts of no, no. Just not right, but listen it's your life your going to do what you want and he's just tagging along.

That would a NO! That s not okay everywhere except in Arkansas or somewhere down in the south. Kidding of course but still the answer is no. Surely you can find someone to skype with that is not related to you.:eek:

i have two people in my life that are married to their first cousins, fathers are brothers, and not only are they happy but their children are all fine.

i'd be more worried that he will record the "sessions" and post them somewhere in anger should you two "breakup".

GunslingerRoland

I'm not sure what you mean by OK, do you mean morally? Legally?

I'm not going to tell you what is right or wrong. That is up to you and your belief system.

But it's not considered appropriate in western society for cousins to have sexual relations. Now often some "play" happens between kids/young teens who are related, but you guys are grown adults.

How often do you have to deal with this cousin? How awkward will this be for future family situations? Personally I can't imagine this because I have a close family, and it would make for a lifetime of awkwardness.

Now of course with skype sex you aren't going to get pregnant and have babies with birth defects, but at the same time, this is a lot of sexual desire and tension you are building up. When it comes to seeing each other in person are you going to have the willpower to stop from taking it further?

Also spending 2 hours a day masturbating over the computer isn't a healthy lifestyle even if it wasn't your cousin. You are a young woman in the prime of your sexual life who clearly has a lot of free time. Get out there, find a nice gentleman and have some fun!

Im having skype sex with my first cousin. <snip>

is this okay?

What made you even think to ask this question, in the first place?

If this was just some random guy, would you still be asking the same question? -- if your answer to this question is 'No', then it is also your answer, in real life,

to your question above.

Proceed accordingly to not, ultimately, drain your own self-image and worth.

I

is this okay?

You should ask this question to a doctor or psychiatrist. Is there any reason you can't find a single man in California? There are tons of men.

You should ask this question to a doctor or psychiatrist. Is there any reason you can't find a single man in California? There are tons of men.

I also think you should take some time off from dating or men. You mentioned in another thread you are too vulnerable after your break up. Men will take advantage of you as your cousin is without meaning you any good. Just spend time with your daughter.

No, big mistake.

True, it may be legal to marry. If this were two cousins who lived in the same town and were attempting to have a legit relationship (i.e. involving more than video sex), I might be willing to sign off on it. However, this smacks much more of a "separated" man needing someone to get his rocks off with and choosing an easy target regardless of complications.

Interfamily affairs greatly complicate family dinners! And there are plenty of women in Canada....why would he not pursue one of those? Oh right, because his "separated" wife would be more likely to catch him at it. Hence the need for someone 1000s of miles away.

So, bad idea. Especially when you have a dishonest person a long way away who has sex videos of you.

If I were your ex-husband and wanted revenge on you for [insert] reason.... and then I heard this story.... I don't think I would want revenge anymore. But I would be laughing. Alot.

In the us it isnt okay, the age of drinking is 21 and to drive is 16, and the age of sex18. Where I live it's weird but people could see past it. The age of drinking is 18, to drive is 18 and sex is 15. I mean we have to draw a line but at what point? I can say I think the legal age of everything ive mentioned should be 20 since I've done it all and I don't want my kids to harm themselves but honestly if I'm 15 I'm not gonna listen to the old me. I can say that my cousin would be weird and that my sister's kids and my kids would be weird and I don't want that to happen. However I actually know a couple thats cousins and sure people talked about it but it's forgotten now after 10 years.

I think the answer is very individual and I am not the one to decide, I can only tell you from my perspective. We love to judge other people but as soon as it affects our own family were the first to protect them.