Is the fire dead?

Hi people,

So in august i went to sweden for the wedding of a friend of mine.

At the wedding party i met this beautiful girl, we laughed a bit and she gave me her number. I tried to see her again the day after but she said she couldn't and i had to leave the next day so i didn't see her before i got back to france.

We started talking on facebook like every day all day.. We didn't really skype or something because she is a pretty shy girl, she does snapchat alot with me so everything went good in my opinion. She's 27, has a kid and has an okay stable life. She does study now because she wants to do better then she used to, because back when she was married (she was married for 3 years) she only worked part time so now she's trying her best to make the best out of it.

She is pretty social and goes out from time to time, i don't mind her doing that because i learned to live with jealousy over the past few years. Now like i was saying we used to talk day in day out, everyday all day since we met until a couple of weeks ago when suddenly she got very unresponsive, i texted her on facebook, i saw she came online but didn't read it.. I just thought she was busy and all so i didn't say anything about it.

A couple of days later i started feeling bad because she was still unresponsive so i asked her what was wrong and she said she didn't feel well, like she was a bit depressed, so i just gave her space, tried to cope with the emptiness she left when she stopped talking as much. For the last couple of days she has barely texted me but still acts nice to me when she does, still calling me baby and stuff but it doesn't feel right anymore.. She was also coming to me this month, i asked her about it but she didn't really answer it.

Also, i saw she started following some guys of her hometown the last few days.. Didn't ask her about it since i don't wanna look like a overprotective creep..

The question is, Am i overthinking? Should i tell her it doesn't feel right and we she should leave it as it is? I'm pretty broken by it so some input will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs

1. If I read right, it doesn't sound like you've dated significantly, or at all

2. If you want to date her, go visit her in Sweden or wherever she lives.

3. If she is single and the only way to know is to spend substantial time with her in person and verify her divorce, she's gonna date multiple men or at least consider multiple prospects, you being perhaps one of many or a few.

4. Don't assign more value to electrons than is healthy. Yeah, it's cool to text and chat and e-mail and Skype and all that stuff but it is just electrons. Pressing flesh is critical in romance.

I did do the international dating thing/LDR thing and it takes a lot of work and, in general, though it should be more equal, men being the protagonists, we have to show action. If no action, well, another action guy, all else being equal, wins, if getting a woman for a partner is winning.

You're young. Play the field and enjoy it. She's one of billions.

• Author

I know and i would if i could but since i just got a new job and since i play soccer there is not much time for me to go visit her ( I train 3 times a week and have a game in the weekend) and since i earn a bit of money with that to apart from working it is not something i can just drop.

No, we have not really been dating but i mean we were talking day in, day out and im pretty sure shes honest so i didnt feel like i had to verify it but okay.. I guess ur right