Met online [It's been 2 years I want more than a phone relationship.]

I met this guy online and I know it sounds crazy but we fell in love, we both felt this connection. But for the past year we been making plans to finally meet. But the day i am suppose to drive out to him he cancels. Supposed to meet him this week and I don't know what to do if he gives me another excuse why I can't be there. I starting to feel like he is hiding something from. If he makes another excuse I don't know if I should end the relationship. It's been 2 years I want more than a phone relationship. Any advice

How far are you that it's been 2 years since you're both able to finally try and meet up? I think that's a little fishy don't you think? What was the reason he gave you for canceling? A lot of things don't really add up here, at all. You probably are better off breaking it off, because to be essentially wasting your time with someone for 2 years, and you haven't even met? That's crap.

Given what you’ve shared, it does raise some concerns, friend. I feel you’ll really have to find out what his reasons were for cancelling, if he does, again. And, if you feel this person is just stalling about committing to this relationship, you may want to rethink and make the best decision for yourself. All the best!

How far are you that it's been 2 years since you're both able to finally try and meet up? I think that's a little fishy don't you think? What was the reason he gave you for canceling? A lot of things don't really add up here, at all. You probably are better off breaking it off, because to be essentially wasting your time with someone for 2 years, and you haven't even met? That's crap.

yup, cat fishy.

I met this guy online and I know it sounds crazy but we fell in love, we both felt this connection. But for the past year we been making plans to finally meet. But the day i am suppose to drive out to him he cancels. Supposed to meet him this week and I don't know what to do if he gives me another excuse why I can't be there. I starting to feel like he is hiding something from. If he makes another excuse I don't know if I should end the relationship. It's been 2 years I want more than a phone relationship. Any advice

have you ever "seen" him? skype or face time? as in, ever laid eyes on this guy. cuz if you haven't....

MTV, catfish, the tv show.

• Like 1
  • Author

I tried calling him out on a couple of lies I caught him in but seems to always have an excuse I had asked him to a selfie with proof it was taking now by holding a piece of paper with the number 7 he said he has no problem with it but has a problem with me asking. Guess I need to hold my ground. Just wish I was confident

I tried calling him out on a couple of lies I caught him in but seems to always have an excuse I had asked him to a selfie with proof it was taking now by holding a piece of paper with the number 7 he said he has no problem with it but has a problem with me asking. Guess I need to hold my ground. Just wish I was confident

So, he never actually sent you that pic of himself?

If not, then sorry to tell you that he is not who you think he is. You need to stop wasting your time with him.

• Like 3

You haven't seriously wasted 2 years of your life having a phone relationship have you?

Only yourself to blame here: it is a waste of time and those 2 years could have been spent seeing real people.

Sounds like he is a liar.

• Like 1

You need to give up.

He's either not real or not available. You already wasted 2 years. Don't waste 2 more minutes.

Sorry.

Michelle ma Belle

First, you recognize that this guy is a liar, and more than once. Red flag #1.

Second, he claims to have no issue with your pic request yet turns it around to make you feel ashamed for asking AND still doesn't deliver a pic. Red flat #2.

Third, he cancels sighting 'family emergency' and has plenty of excuses for why you haven't gotten more than a phone conversation. With only 6 hours between you, it's a pretty lame excuse not to have met up in person at least once by now. The fact that you're going on two years is ridiculous. And don't get me started on why you haven't at least Skyped yet. Red flag #3.

All signs point to this guy having a secret.

And just for the record, just because someone sends you a selfie with a sign holding up whatever you're asking as proof is pure bullsh*t. There are so many editing programs today that make fudging pics easy as 1-2-3. Take it from me as having experienced this first hand. The only proof of someone's physical identity is Skype/Face Time or face to face meeting. Nothing else.

This guy is definitely fishy. Tread carefully.

Where online did you meet this guy? OLD?

Edited by Michelle ma Belle
  • Like 1

Please, don't waste another moment of your life on this man.

Unless and until you meet in real life, it's not really a relationship.

If you want a relationship, go out and meet people who will give you more than you will ever get over the phone...

It is very, very suspicious that you have not seen a picture or met this guy - in two years of talking! I mean, let's be real... You know this is not good, right?

Please, whatever you do, don't ever send this guy money. And if you do meet in real life, be very cautious...

Yes, it is crazy and not real. You two live 'only' six hours away. I say only b/c during the past two years you two could have made plans to meet up half-way or, as you had planned, one or the other drive to the other. Why not fly? Cheaper? AND why is HE not the one driving out to you? He probably couldn't find the time to get away from his wife and children or gf (and children). Were you planning to stay with him?

First, you recognize that this guy is a liar, and more than once. Red flag #1.

Second, he claims to have no issue with your pic request yet turns it around to make you feel ashamed for asking AND still doesn't deliver a pic. Red flag #2.

Third, he cancels sighting 'family emergency' and has plenty of excuses for why you haven't gotten more than a phone conversation. With only 6 hours between you, it's a pretty lame excuse not to have met up in person at least once by now. The fact that you're going on two years is ridiculous. And don't get me started on why you haven't at least Skyped yet. Red flag #3.

He showed no interest in coming to you (no matter what lame excuse made it impossible). Red flag #4.

No plans about coming and seeing you (the least you can do after cancelling a date is rescheduling and making some effort). Red flag #5.

He cancelled repeatedly (making up excuses every time: an ongoing family emergency for 2 years??). Red flag #6.

If you add to the picture: broken device, cam not working, no money to buy a new cam, serious illness of family member, loss of a family member combined, it's 99% cat fish material.

Trick him into using bloochat.com. It's a chat that will show you his IP and if you then look it up, you should get a fine approximation of his location (in a 5-mile radius).

Look for clues about who he is (unavailable at night, during weekends, going MIA for days especially in the summer, etc.)

Do you have his home address, work address, school address, parents address, anything? Has he ever sent you any gifts? If not, how so?

And then you can write to Nev and find out whom you've been talking to all this time.