Trying to gauge what we are

OutdoorGirl23

Long story short. I'm dating my girlfriends brother for 5-6 months. We get together approximately every 2 weeks or so. We've taken several trips together, and he has invited me to Hawaii with his family in May (my girlfriend) and to his daughters wedding in June. He has bought me some very nice gifts, is very loving and sweet when we are together. My only complaint would be that he doesn't communicate throughout the day as much as I'd like, but it's not that big of a deal. He's a workaholic, and I work at night. We have not discussed how we feel about one another, nor where this is headed. I am in love with him, and I am wondering how he feels about me. I'm old fashioned, so I really don't know how to start this conversation, and I also want him to bring it up first.

Ideas?

I think it is nice for the man to bring it up first as well, and if you have the patience, maybe wait. However, if he never brings it up and the relationship isn't growing, that is no good. Communication is key, so if it is really eating you up and you want to work on a blossoming relationship, maybe just ask a vague question about how he feels about you two. Can't hurt to talk.

• Like 1

No you are suppose to tell him how you feel about him. Then he'll tell you how he feels about you. This is the correct way of doing today. I hope it works out for you reading what you type was very positive on your side.

• Like 1

He wants you to spend time with him while being with family. He invited you to his daughter's wedding, but you don't know where you stand and afraid of asking? So so weird.

Why didn't you ask him right away, when he invited you: oh, you're inviting me to a family wedding? And if I attend, how will you introduce me to your relatives and friends? As a friend of yours? That would have triggered the topic.

Now you can do the same: I was wondering, since you invited me to your daughter's wedding... etc

• Like 1