Need to move on - I always reached out!

Hi guys!

Long story short: my boyfriend broke up with me a month ago. We have been together 1,5yrs. Probable cause - GIGS but I have accepted all, am trying to forgive him and myself as I know it always take two for the downfall.

Anyway, of course, there is a tiny bit of hope for reconcilation but I am always trying to let it go and live my life. I felt like the breakup had to come anyway because we emotionally disconnected.

We always had fight for one reason: him not contacting me. It all came up to leaving me out of important life situations, me arranging our dates or any other things we could do together. In the end - I fel so exhausted and TAKEN FOR GRANTED! I told him over and over, he gave an effort or a few days but the scenario repeated itself.

I am writing it down because I need to somehow get a closure (in order also to learn from it), not because of the GIGS but rather to see - what could I possibly have changed in the LDR? He was decent and I knew he cared to some extent but the time zones made it difficult. Has anyone been in the same situtation and managed it well in the end?

Thanks for any advice.

I'm writing not because I think we manage "well", but because so far we could manage it. We arrange visits and time together though. Did you? Did you meet him and spend time with him in person? If not, it was bound to end in the majority of cases. Virtual can't compete with real life, and it's just healthy that way.

Anyway, now stop analyzing this or that, just go out and enjoy what life has to offer. Have something new to do every day, or some time devoted to yourself, and don't skip it. Like Saturday: nail salon appointment, Sunday: walk in the park, Monday: hairdresser, Tuesday: hang out with friend, Wednesday: going to the library, Thursday: shopping, etc.

Devote more time to picking what to do and with whom. Soon enough, you'll find yourself surrounded by new people, new acquaintainces who will introduce you to more people and your circle will fill with new hopefully interesting people who will keep you busy. I understand you're studying but I'm sure you'll be able to balance social life and study.