No calls since he left?

Ilovelifeforwhatcome

Ilovelifeforwhatcome

So far in my LDR, I have been the one to mostly initiate video calls, though we text throughout the day. I have asked for more vid chats, shorter times, but I usually have to ask for vid chat. It wears on me that I have to always hint/ask. He recently left after a nearly 2 week visit and all our communication has been through texting. Does he want a little space after spending tons of time w/me? I can understand and then I don't. I mean if he really missed me that much wouldn't he want to see me or hear my voice? Right after he left I suggested we vid chat more often for shorter periods, he said we would figure out a time.

I mean how was he during the 2 week visit? Also how far do you both live from each other? He sounds like someone who isn't really all that great with texting/long distance communication.

Eternal Sunshine

I hate talking on the phone and video chats so when I'm away for work for 1-2 weeks at the time, bf and me only chat via g-chat and text and send pictures. We talked about it though and we both hate the phone.

• Like 1
  • Author
Ilovelifeforwhatcome
I mean how was he during the 2 week visit? Also how far do you both live from each other? He sounds like someone who isn't really all that great with texting/long distance communication.

During the 2 weeks, he was amazing. Always holding my hand, hugging me, touching my shoulder when going by etc. I have always felt very love from him when together. I guess maybe I have had bad experiences in the past? idk, his communication has always been sporadic, up to a point where I pretty much lost it. We could go a whole day w/less then 5 texts, thankfully after talking to him about that changed a lot. The vid chat though is another story, I usually ask about it and if I don't he doesn't bring it up. Sometimes he forgets, which frustrates me. He lives about 2 hours away by plane.

• Like 1
During the 2 weeks, he was amazing. Always holding my hand, hugging me, touching my shoulder when going by etc. I have always felt very love from him when together. I guess maybe I have had bad experiences in the past? idk, his communication has always been sporadic, up to a point where I pretty much lost it. We could go a whole day w/less then 5 texts, thankfully after talking to him about that changed a lot. The vid chat though is another story, I usually ask about it and if I don't he doesn't bring it up. Sometimes he forgets, which frustrates me. He lives about 2 hours away by plane.

I'm kind of going through this with my potential love interest. (we're starting to wane on texting and haven't met yet) We're not to that point yet, but I think he just really isn't into constantly being on skype/video chatting. We've done so twice in about the 4 months we've been texting back and forht. I'm glad that you're being open about trying to keep that communication up, but I think he may just be the type that isn't really great with doing the video chats. I know it's hard, but if this is really hurting you it needs to be something that you can express. I would even tell you to take the time out to call HIM on a surprise whim. See how it goes, be spontaneous.