Long Distance Reunion?

My ex broke up with me on Dec. 6th. Since then, we have had some limited contact. I know she misses me and still loves me, but she is scared of continuing something since we will be unable to live in the same state for several years. I admit that I feel the same.

My question is: Has anyone experienced or heard of a LDR reunion (either after the long distance ends, or a reunion while currently long distance)?

I would prefer if the latter could happen with my ex and I, but I know it would be incredibly difficult. If I wanted to repair a LDR, what would I do?

Has anyone experienced or heard of a LDR reunion (either after the long distance ends, or a reunion while currently long distance)?
I would define the former as a convenience encounter, and the latter as an occasional hookup. You call it reunion, but I think it'd be hardly that.

If I wanted to repair a LDR, what would I do?
You can repair for something you've done wrong, but not for someone breaking up with you because you're far away and she's not willing to wait for you. You need to let her go and live her life, because that's what she wants. She might realize she did the wrong thing. Many people do the wrong thing. Who knows about that. Now it's too early to tell. Maybe she will find someone else soon and things will be great for her. Or maybe things will be less rosy for her.
  • Like 1
  • Author

Would you define a LDR reunion where the people come together after distance as a convenience encounter if the people involved remained friends throughout the time apart? Also, I didn't necessarily mean a physical reunion.

The thing is, I'm torn. I want her to find someone, because I care more about her than being with her. I can't be there with her, so I hope she does find someone who can.

Would you define a LDR reunion where the people come together after distance as a convenience encounter if the people involved remained friends throughout the time apart?
If after a romantic interest a relationship turns to frienship, I wouldn't call it a reunion. In 20 years, you could call it a regret, a disappointment, a life-saving decision... You just don't know now, as we don't have a crystal ball to read our future.
  • Author
If after a romantic interest a relationship turns to frienship, I wouldn't call it a reunion. In 20 years, you could call it a regret, a disappointment, a life-saving decision... You just don't know now, as we don't have a crystal ball to read our future.

No, what I meant was this. Suppose x and y are in a relationship from time A to time B. Suppose that x and y break up at time B. From time B to time C, x and y remain friends. Suppose after time C, x and y decide to start a relationship again.

No. Either go all in and figure out how to make the distance work, or go NC and move on with your lives, date other people. There's no point dragging it out while half-assing it.

• Like 1
No, what I meant was this. Suppose x and y are in a relationship from time A to time B. Suppose that x and y break up at time B. From time B to time C, x and y remain friends. Suppose after time C, x and y decide to start a relationship again.
I guess that'd be a movie...
  • Like 1

I broke up and got back together with a LD ex several times, one time for as long as maybe 3-4 weeks? Eventually we parted ways for good though.