LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

Anxiety and scared of losing what we have

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Old 28th December 2016, 2:59 AM   #1

Anxiety and scared of losing what we have

I temporarily have a long distance relationship with my boyfriend, hes ou ravelling for 2 months. Weve been together for 6 months. Ive been liking him a bit more perhaps, but while being gone he ralized that his feelings for me are very strong as well. Although Ive been missing him, things have been really good between us. Weve talked an laughed a lot, and been really sweet in our messages.

Hes coming back in a week and for about a week a go we hit a wall. Things felt werid, we didnt connect in the same way while talkng and writing. As if we had nothing to say. I got really sad about it, and was acting sort of needy... Now hes way colder, and things still feels really weird. Personally I feel disconnectd from my feelings, which is a very new feeling. I know I love him, and want to be with him but I feel blocked, sad and axious. I know hes coming back soon, but it makes me really sad that thigs are like this between us right before he comes back. I wish we were as in love and happy as few weeks a go, Im affraid Ill be nervous now instead and analyse to much.

Have this ever happened to you? Have you felt like your feelingsfor someone is blocked? How did you handle it? Is this normal to happen when youve been aopart for a while? Do you think itll get better once we are back together?
agirlintheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 3:23 AM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agirlintheworld View Post
I
Have this ever happened to you?
Yes.

Quote:
Have you felt like your feelingsfor someone is blocked?
Yes.

Quote:
How did you handle it?
Eventually rough times end, until you get new ones. So far, love was stronger and survived.

Quote:
Is this normal to happen when youve been aopart for a while?
I guess it can happen. In my case, it's not that we have nothing to say to each other. When that happens, it's because we hold a grudge or something. There are bad feelings that prevent us from saying anything, you know like when you feel low and don't feel like talking. That kind of thing.

Quote:
Do you think itll get better once we are back together?
Possibly. It depends on the reason causing the disconnect. When you miss time in person, you can stop being on the same wavelength, which seemed to be normal while together. But at times, you're not on the same wavelength because you have opposite personalities... and that in itself is not a reason not to get along, there are too many factors to consider. Some couples work even at opposites, some couple don't work out even when people are very similar (they end up being like brother and sister). Relationships are complicated, if anyone had a real fix for this, there wouldn't be breakups anymore...
justwhoiam is offline   Reply With Quote