LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

Complete and Utterly

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th December 2016, 4:17 AM   #16
Established Member

It's your own decision. I would appreciate the thought. But it looks like most of those bracelets are on the market at $28, and I'd think the target is teens. Also, put some thought into the Christmas card too.

But well, today is Christmas eve, it's a bit last second to ship in time.
justwhoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 2:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwhoiam View Post
It's your own decision. I would appreciate the thought. But it looks like most of those bracelets are on the market at $28, and I'd think the target is teens. Also, put some thought into the Christmas card too.

But well, today is Christmas eve, it's a bit last second to ship in time.
So update:

Today she had sent me a picture of a gingerbread house she had built with another friend and to my surprise.. Our initials were on it! It was such an awesome surprise and one I wasn't really anticipating. I mentioned the initial parts and started laughing about it. Only thing that definitely would have completed this Christmas would've definitely been being with her to celebrate it.
Bacui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 2:35 AM   #18
Established Member

My man got me a bracelet too, a lucky charm and a gift card
I loved my Christmas presents.
Old 27th December 2016, 12:36 PM   #19

Quote:
My man got me a bracelet too, a lucky charm and a gift card
I loved my Christmas presents.
That's awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed your gift! It seems that I may have given that gingerbread house pic too much of an emphasis and didn't mean anything.. Despite what I believed were to be our initials. I think I'm now sure she doesn't feel the same way.
Old 27th December 2016, 7:10 PM   #20
Established Member

What did you give her in the end? I guess you didn't give her anything?
Old 29th December 2016, 2:58 AM   #21

Quote:
What did you give her in the end? I guess you didn't give her anything?
Well I ended up getting her that bracelet from somewhere else. However, seeing as I'm in a different state I couldn't hand it to her (whenever we hung out it was never at her house due to it being too soon). So I was trying to figure a way of sending it to her and eventually I told her I got something for her but never told her what it was and wanted to send it to her.

Unfortunately, she said she wasn't comfortable with giving her address out like that. Today, I don't know what happened but I told her what should I do with her gift and she replied with "do with it whatever you want". I want her to have it but I don't know what I did.
Old 29th December 2016, 6:33 AM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacui View Post
Well I ended up getting her that bracelet from somewhere else. However, seeing as I'm in a different state I couldn't hand it to her (whenever we hung out it was never at her house due to it being too soon). So I was trying to figure a way of sending it to her and eventually I told her I got something for her but never told her what it was and wanted to send it to her.

Unfortunately, she said she wasn't comfortable with giving her address out like that. Today, I don't know what happened but I told her what should I do with her gift and she replied with "do with it whatever you want". I want her to have it but I don't know what I did.
I don't understand why you're blaming yourself in this situation. It clearly isn't a matter of what you "did" versus the fact that she really just doesn't want to receive a gift from you . If she says she's uncomfortable with that then the only thing you can do is take her word for it. I will say though that it sounds like she isn't interested and it's best to either save the gift for someone else or sell it.
Ronnys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 2:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnys93 View Post
I don't understand why you're blaming yourself in this situation. It clearly isn't a matter of what you "did" versus the fact that she really just doesn't want to receive a gift from you . If she says she's uncomfortable with that then the only thing you can do is take her word for it. I will say though that it sounds like she isn't interested and it's best to either save the gift for someone else or sell it.
I'm mad mostly because at first I wasn't planning on getting her a gift until I jokingly made a comment saying I would get her something. Then she went on two separate days to ask me if I ever got her the gift I had mentioned. So I assumed that perhaps she did was open to the idea of a gift. I dropped the subject once she said she wasn't comfortable with the gift and then a few days after unsure of what to do with it and that's when she responded with "do whatever you want with it".

It's fine now though, I just made assumptions about everything and I've learned my lesson.
Old 30th December 2016, 1:34 AM   #24
Established Member

I guess you could could woo her and get her something without asking for her address.

1. you could have visited her before Christmas, giving her the present
2. you could have sent a gift through Facebook (cinema card, gift card, etc)

You pushed it before she got comfortable enough.
Old 30th December 2016, 3:08 AM   #25

Quote:
I guess you could could woo her and get her something without asking for her address.

1. you could have visited her before Christmas, giving her the present
2. you could have sent a gift through Facebook (cinema card, gift card, etc)

You pushed it before she got comfortable enough.
I don't think she sees more as anything more than just a friend. I think I should just stop pursuing her in a romantically manner as it's obvious she's not going to budge on her long-distance stance and I don't know when/if I'll be moving back up north anytime soon. I think I was disregarding the lack of attraction she has towards me and kept holding on the idea that she was. I can't just focus on trying to "woo" her as I'll just gradually continue on getting older. I know if god wants us to be together he will make it so.. It's obvious that right now its not meant to be. Nevertheless, I'll probably just end up returning the gift and stop on holding on the idea of us ever being together.