LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

Hmmm....What to think?

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris516

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2016, 9:16 PM   #1
Established Member

Question Hmmm....What to think?

I had my first visit with a woman I like, back in September. I was there for a week and had a lot of fun.

A month ago I surprised her with wanting to go out there for her birthday. She was excited by the idea. So, I went and bought the airplane ticket to fly out there next month.

At one point I asked her, if she still wanted me to come out there. Because she seemed upset. She said she wasn't upset.

This week has been bad. While I was able to call(and talk) to her a week ago. Monday night I had a headache and didn't call her. Since Tuesday, her phone has been going right to voicemail after one ring.(Not calling incessantly, just once a day)

The last time something like this happened. It was because she was changing her phone number. I found that out after I had contacted her son's father. Who contacted their adult son. Their son contacted her. Then she gave me her new phone number.

While I know that could have happened again. She said she still wanted me to come for her birthday. I had previously told her, that I wanted to take her out for her birthday. She seemed excited by the idea.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Chris516; 18th December 2016 at 9:22 PM..
Chris516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2016, 3:30 AM   #2
Established Member

Everything is fine. I worried for nothing.
Old 19th December 2016, 9:16 AM   #3
Established Member

Don't worry so much shows weakness on your part. Women can see this in you. Always give them time and let things work they way to the answer you seek next time. Don't rush her. She wanted to see you and your going to be there for her BIRTHDAY!
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2016, 9:35 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
Don't worry so much shows weakness on your part. Women can see this in you. Always give them time and let things work they way to the answer you seek next time. Don't rush her. She wanted to see you and your going to be there for her BIRTHDAY!
She told me, that she lost her phone. She finally found it.
Old 20th December 2016, 5:50 AM   #5
Established Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
(sending this reply because, I missed the time frame to edit my previous reply)

She has the same reaction. There was one week, where I didn't call her for almost an entire week. Because I was waking up after an unintended 'nap'. At the time she was about to go to sleep.

She understands how much I care about her. When I was out there for my first visit, back in September. I paid for all the times we went out. She wanted to pay for us. But I told her, that I wanted to pay for everything. I paid for the dinners' n' movies. I wanted to show her, that I could treat her the way she deserved to be treated. Like a lady.

But yes, I shouldn't worry so much.
Old 21st December 2016, 2:05 AM   #6
Established Member

Maybe you two could set up a regular phone date a couple of times each week so that you are communicating on a regular basis. This might help take away the worry of not being in contact.
kvolm2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 8:38 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvolm2016 View Post
Maybe you two could set up a regular phone date a couple of times each week so that you are communicating on a regular basis. This might help take away the worry of not being in contact.
I call her everyday at the same time. So, When I can't get a hold of her. I know that her phone probably needs re-charging. But she also talks with her maternal grandmother daily. So, Her grandmother would be wondering as much as me, if not more.

She did tell me one thing. That it would be no problem for me to call her son, who lives closest. So he could check to see if she is okay.
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:32 AM   #8
Established Member

Glad you have the opportunity to be in regular contact and it's great that you can contact her son if it is ever needed. Do you think of yourself as a worrier about life in general or is it the LDR that caused the worry in this case?
Old 22nd December 2016, 2:21 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvolm2016 View Post
Glad you have the opportunity to be in regular contact and it's great that you can contact her son if it is ever needed. Do you think of yourself as a worrier about life in general or is it the LDR that caused the worry in this case?
About those important to me.

Ex. I have online friend in Arizona who I also talk to daily. I first started communicating with her in 2013. She is definitely not for romantic reasons(she is half my age). But for all intensive purposes, we have the same three (physical)neurological conditions', and I know what it is like to deal with idiots in the hospital. Who don't understand a person's health. Anymore than they can count the number of fingers in front of their face.

Her father notwithstanding(she is 22, her mother OD'd when she was only 2yrs.-old). When it comes to her (physical)neurological health. I understand it better than anyone. She usually has a local caregiver. But I 'fired' one four separate times for accusing her of faking her health problems. Three others' died on the job in 2014. Countless others', I have 'fired', or they couldn't cope with her behavior. I have also been able to talk with nurses in the ER, When she has had to go in for a problem familiar to me.

With each new 'potential' caregiver. I would grill them about their medical training(in addition to my own health issues, and how to treat them. I know First Aid, CPR, and the Heimlich Maneuver.

Last edited by Chris516; 22nd December 2016 at 2:24 AM..
Old 29th December 2016, 1:33 AM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris516 View Post
About those important to me.

Ex. I have online friend in Arizona who I also talk to daily. I first started communicating with her in 2013. She is definitely not for romantic reasons(she is half my age). But for all intensive purposes, we have the same three (physical)neurological conditions', and I know what it is like to deal with idiots in the hospital. Who don't understand a person's health. Anymore than they can count the number of fingers in front of their face.
It is great that you show such active and ongoing compassion and support for this young lady. I'm sure she appreciates having you as an advocate and friend!