Is this positive?

My BF and I have been together for only one month so far. He lives over an hour away, but we only get to see each other about twice a month. Starting this Christmas, we are planning a two night getaway together. I suffer from really bad Anxiety which has been under control until recently. Even though i knew the answer, i had to ask my BF if he was totally fine with our holiday coming up. And i wasn't pressuring him to spend time with me, was i? He responded: It's all i'm looking forward to. I've been so depressed lately. I need something like this to help. Now, common sense, when i first read this text, i took it as a positive thing, but my over thinking and analyzing stepped in and now i'm not too sure. Am i over thinking this? Was it a positive answer (other than him being depressed of course)

My BF and I have been together for only one month so far. He lives over an hour away, but we only get to see each other about twice a month. Starting this Christmas, we are planning a two night getaway together. I suffer from really bad Anxiety which has been under control until recently. Even though i knew the answer, i had to ask my BF if he was totally fine with our holiday coming up. And i wasn't pressuring him to spend time with me, was i? He responded: It's all i'm looking forward to. I've been so depressed lately. I need something like this to help. Now, common sense, when i first read this text, i took it as a positive thing, but my over thinking and analyzing stepped in and now i'm not too sure. Am i over thinking this? Was it a positive answer (other than him being depressed of course)

I have this problem too, but not to worry he already gave you his answer. It's POSITIVE! :bunny:

So he may have the holiday blues.

"its all I'm looking forward to" sounds equivalent to

"I am beyond thrilled to spend time with you"

ENJOY!!

Yes, you are overthinking this.

Have you considered seeking professional help for your anxiety? It appears to be pretty severe, if you are worrying over something like that. There are treatments that can help you with that - it will never fully go away, but it can be made more manageable.

Good luck!

• Like 1