LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

Feel that he doesn't miss me that much :(

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Old 13th December 2016, 7:07 PM   #1

Feel that he doesn't miss me that much :(

I've been in a LDR with someone for the last few months. We're both in our mid twenties. We've been meeting up once a month and it's been great. I am flying over to see him just after Christmas for a few days; we are spending NYE together, after spending Christmas with our families. There's just one problem that I have and that is the fact that I don't think my boyfriend misses me when we're apart.

He's not really a romantic person and thus doesn't talk about his feelings much, but the occasions that I do tell him I miss him, his response is "Aww you'll see me soon!". At the end of our visits I get a little emotional and tell him I will miss him and he only says "I'm sure you can survive 4 weeks!" This makes the whole thing seem very one-sided to me.

When we meet up I do get a sense that I mean something to him, and he has told me that he is serious about me, but when we're apart he only seems to miss me for the first few days and then not much. He does make the effort to stay in touch with me when we're apart.

I'm just wondering if I'm doing the right thing going to spend some of the holidays with someone who doesn't seem to think that much of me, at the expense of leaving my family (who I normally spend it with) behind :-/

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 13th December 2016 at 7:42 PM.. Reason: OP request~T
babybrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 7:12 PM   #2
Established Member

Go have some fun with him, have the time of your life, then break up as you're about to return home. You're right. If the LDR is not difficult in any way, or maybe your extended absences suit him perfectly, then what's the point?

Get a local boy you can squeeze at 3AM. You'll enjoy that a lot more.
LargoLagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2016, 5:36 AM   #3
Established Member

You're in your mid twenties and spend new year's eve with your parents? I don't know, it's quite odd I guess. You should spend it with young people your age.

Regarding him dealing well with the distance, somehow I understand why you're bothered, but on the other hand you should be happy about it. Some guys just drop the girl because they can't deal with the distance. He seems to have found his way to cope with it. He's having a positive attitude. And he's supporting you and cheering you up when you feel low about it. And I'll tell you more. Some guys won't show their weak side, because they feel like they need to be strong in front of you and that it's necessary for the relationship to survive. But then they have their inside struggles and won't share that until later on in the relationship.

So consider all that, along with thoughts that he's not that much into you.

Last edited by justwhoiam; 24th December 2016 at 8:30 AM..
justwhoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2017, 11:06 PM   #4

I think women are more emotional than men. I know I say "I love you" to my man more than he says it to me. Sometimes he says "Thanks", and sometimes he says it back. He does say he misses me though. I don't take offence to it. You just started seeing each other if I read properly. It takes time to love somebody and let it grow. I don't really know anybody that fell in love right away. At the end of the day I know he loves me so it doesn't bother me. Now if you were deeper with him like going on over a year the yeah it would be odd for him to not care for you
Wild Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote