Girlfriend is being strange

blueintheface93

Hello, I currently have a girlfriend of which I started a relationship with a month and a half ago, just about the time I started uni and we are trying long distance, IT IS WORKING PERFECTLY. There's just a few bits I don't quite understand. Basically she is a training teacher and works 9-6 Monday to Friday and is tired a lot of the time. She has the time to ring me on nights and talk for hours on the phone about literally anything and sometimes get onto dirty talking on the phone, but tonight she said she just never has much to speak to me about as her life is pretty boring at the minute. Basically, lately she has been acting very strange like, lengthy time to reply and don't feel as though she's being herself or she is bored of me. She isn't being that affectionate, the last time she was affectionate was 2 days ago when she was in a bad mood cause she missed me "more and more" every single day, and then continuously told me she missed me all night. I'm going to see her next Friday so should I bring it up that she is being weird and not affectionate enough? or should I just leave it?

I feel I may be over-exaggerating but I have a major case of anxiety and reassurance is certainly peace of mind for me. :roll eyes:

P.s. I show her a lot of attention and adequate affection

I think you're probably being a little needy. If "IT IS WORKING PERFECTLY" and it's just that in the past day or two, she's been a little distant, it's nothing to worry about. You can't expect your significant other to be "on" all the time. People get sad, stressed, bored, whatever, and busy with their own lives.

I'm curious, though, how long you two were actually together as a couple before it became a long-distance relationship? Long distance relationships are hard, as you probably know, but you don't seem to know her well enough to know if this normal behavior for her, or if something is wrong. You're going to have to be really patient while getting to know her better, and have strong communication skills.

In an non-accusatory and neutral way, ask her if there's anything bothering her.

• Like 2

Dude did you ever think for a second that she could be having her period? That would explain why she has been so tired, moody, not into it.

• Like 1