Iv been in an LDR for 10 months (1.5 hr drive) his sister unexpectedly passed away abroad; and now he is away with his family for her funeral abroad..theyve been away nearly 2 weeks now.

I feel so helpless being so far away and what makes it harder is that ive not heard much from him. I can't imagine the struggle him and his family are going through..but I feel so out of the loop here. Finding myself worrying when I dont hear for a day.

Is he just going through a horrible time, or should I be worried that he is hardly contacting me? I want him to talk to me about stuff, but I think he's finding it hard :(

This isn't really an LDR btw....He is taking a time out....must be pretty devastating for him, so give him his space. He has his family there for support, and probably doesn't want to burden you with the dreadful details.

Go hang out with your friends, keep busy, and forget about it for awhile. He has to come home sooner or later. he will contact you then.

• Like 1

No he is planning and grieving with his family. When my brother committed suicide I went home for 2 weeks and didn't think of calling my then bf because I was tied up with my family. Please stop thinking of yourself right now and know he will call you when he can. And yes, you are out of the loop.

• Like 2

You sound like a compassionate soul wishing to be of support. There is admiration for such a quality. May I suggest sending a memorial token of remembrance ? It's those little gestures of human kindness that can ease the sorrow.

Sorry for his family loss...he sounds like a decent gent to travel for the arrangements.

• Like 1

Sorry for his family loss...he sounds like a decent gent to travel for the arrangements.

Absolutely! My bf at the time sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers that meant to much to me and my family. This let me know he was thinking of me and in my corner.

Iv been in an LDR for 10 months (1.5 hr drive) his sister unexpectedly passed away abroad; and now he is away with his family for her funeral abroad..theyve been away nearly 2 weeks now.

I feel so helpless being so far away and what makes it harder is that ive not heard much from him. I can't imagine the struggle him and his family are going through..but I feel so out of the loop here. Finding myself worrying when I dont hear for a day.

Is he just going through a horrible time, or should I be worried that he is hardly contacting me? I want him to talk to me about stuff, but I think he's finding it hard :(

He could be consumed with grief about his sister suddenly dying.

I think that you should wait for some time. It's his sister who has passed away and he will be grieving inside. Give him some time. Let he overcome the grief.You just pray for him and his family to give them strength.