Suspicious behavior or normal Long distance relationship

I am in a long distance relationship (200 Miles).We are both middle age. I am suppose to be moving in with him the end of November. But I have noticed that on several occasions he takes a long time to call me back and it is always around the same time. For example tonight I called him around 8:30 and he did not call back until 9:45 and at that time he said that he would call me back because he was talking to his brother. So he did call back after about 45 minutes to say that he and his brother were watching football and he would call me back. Each call was less than 2 minutes and the background was quiet. He called back about 30 minutes later and we talked about 10 minutes there was background noise. I asked him if it was a good game and he said yes and also said he was sleepy. After getting off the phone, I checked to see the score of the game and the game was not even over yet. I am very tempted to make a trip there just to observe his goings and comings for a couple of evenings.

My questions are - should I be suspicious? Should I make the trip just to observe? What are your suggestions?

Some more information would be helpful singlelady2. How long have you been in this relationship? How much time have you spent together IRL? Have you met his family (his brother), has he met yours? How well do you actually know him?

If you're planning to move in with him in a few weeks, it's rather worrying that you're questioning what he's up to.

• Like 2

there is nothing shady going on here....it's all in your head. You want to go spy on him??? that's cray cray.

OP, It seems like it is a combo of worry on your part, and questionable behavior on his part.

Give it one 24hr. span to see what happens. See if he initiates a phone call.