LDR - change or it will end

Hi everyone,

I've been in a LDR from the end of February and things have been good for a few months but every time i get drunk i tend to message my partner and give abuse to them that i don't want to be in a LDR anymore and that i can't do it. I get madly frustrated at the distance and it seems to come pouring out whenever i'm drunk. (I'm a student so i try to avoid drink as much as possible)

We've had several talks about what is the real problem and i can't seem to find one because I am happy but he's told me that if it keeps up it will end the relationship and that isn't what i want.

Has anyone got any tips about how to control negative thoughts, being lonely and getting extremely jealous.

We've both agreed on me going to counseling to see if there is an underlining problem but i'd like to know if someone has been through something similar and how did they overcome it?

Thanks guys! Jo

Has anyone got any tips about how to control negative thoughts, being lonely and getting extremely jealous.

We've both agreed on me going to counseling

Going to counseling will help you as a person, but:

1. Have you ever met "your partner"?

2. How often do you meet him, if ever?

3. How often do you talk to him on the phone/through webcam?

It just seems like you need to be together irl. When you get drunk, you tell the truth. That's it. Doesn't sound like you need counseling, unless there is something else crazy that you aren't admitting.