Should we be meeting up by now?

I have been chatting to this amazing man on the phone and text whom I met on an online dating site. We have been talking consistently now for 3 weeks. Had one Skype session as well so we knew we were real. Anyway we are still active on the dating site as obviously we are just talking and not in any type of relationship as such. I have told him I would like him to come and spend a weekend with me (we live about 2 hrs apart by plane). Am I rushing things or pushing too much or at this stage should I be well in my rights to expect him to now come and spend some real time with me. He says he will see me soon but never actually hints at any future dates. I know he likes me but why is he not excited enough to book that flight?

A two-hour flight is no big deal. Yes, you should be meeting sooner rather than later. It sounds as if he isn't really giving you a reason why he can't meet. He's just not progressing to meeting. In other words, he's wasting time...your time. I would cut your losses and start focusing on other prospects.

If you're online, why not look for local guys?

• Author

I am looking for guys in my area but for some reason he came up in my list so we just chatted and have been chatting ever since. I just asked him moments ago how long he generally talks to a woman before arranging s date to meet up and he replied 2 months so I told him that in the dating world that is usually seen to be a bit too long to which he replied that he has no rules and doesn't know why. I mean I don't understand that. This is an intelligent man by the way, he is a Doctor so maybe he just sucks at dating??

I am looking for guys in my area but for some reason he came up in my list so we just chatted and have been chatting ever since. I just asked him moments ago how long he generally talks to a woman before arranging s date to meet up and he replied 2 months so I told him that in the dating world that is usually seen to be a bit too long to which he replied that he has no rules and doesn't know why. I mean I don't understand that. This is an intelligent man by the way, he is a Doctor so maybe he just sucks at dating??

Or he's in a relationship/married. He's a penpal and this is a total waste of your time. If a guy doesn't want to meet up within a week or maybe 2 weeks at most, move on.

Ummm a 2 hour flight can cost damn near $500 where I come from. Thats a big deal to some people. Maybe he is embarrassed to admit that money is an issue

• Author

Money for flights for him is not an issue, he is a Doctor, he can afford it. Update anyway: After 4 weeks of phonecalls, he is coming to spend the weekend with me this weekend. Flights have been booked and I'm now excited to see him?