Too Soon?

OutdoorGirl23

Back Story:

My best friend's brother asked me out on the 4th of July when he was in town, he lives in California. He made plans to fly back here a couple of weeks later, but work issues kept him from coming, and then my schedule got crazy. He had bought tickets for a baseball game and sent them to me. (Great Seats) He also sent me flowers the week he was supposed to be in town.

Fast forward to this past weekend; He came to visit me. I had to work the night he arrived, but we went to dinner beforehand. We really hit it off, great conversation, and made plans for the next day. He texted me several times while I was at work that night. We met for breakfast the next day, and ended up spending the entire day together walking, talking, shopping, and eventually drinking a fair amount of beer and wine. Well we ended up having sex, more than once, watching a movie, and then I decided to go home. I just didn't want to seem pushy or overstay my welcome.

The next morning he texted me, and we went over to his sisters house (my friend). We had a great time, but for some reason I was feeling kind of nervous. I'm not sure why, but I think it's because I think this may really turn into something. I drove him back to his hotel, and he asked if I'd like to have a nightcap. We went to the hotel bar, sat on the balcony and drank wine. He asked me about my schedule over the next few weeks so he could visit again, and he said he wanted me to come out and visit him. We made plans for him to come back around Labor Day. We parted ways because he had to fly to Denver the next morning. I kind of expected us to sleep together again. Am I overthinking this? I've known the guy for years, but this is the first time we've ever spent anytime together. I hope I didn't blow it.

Edited by OutdoorGirl23

Well, that could be due to different reasons...

Maybe he wanted to show you that he's not just after sex. So that would be positive, right?

And my second guess would be that he needed to slow down, maybe to avoid a case of "overuse", since you mentioned you did it more than once... and not even a day went by. Or if he was not dating for quite some time, the fear of failing after so much usage the previous night.

In any case, that was a man's mind in action. Just let it go. Maybe you'll have a topic to talk about in a few months, looking back :)

• Like 1

I'm not sure why you have doubts. He's been doting over you, and has been a complete gentleman (flowers? who does that?). If you wanted sex, why didn't you step up and say something? You can't expect men to do all the chasing....it's no fun that way.