Guys and long distance dating....

I've meet this guy on an online dating site, it took us a few months to actually meet up with being busy with work and certain family issues but in the end we finally met for our first date. All that time we spoke mostly everyday, about general stuff. I tried to ask that question without asking what you looking for being on a dating site... I didn't get much only that he's done with all that sleeping round so to me that seems like he wants a relationship well I assumed. The only problem is that distance seems to bother him, now I don't think we live that far as I know there are many others in very long distance relationship but we only like live 22 miles away he's in the north west and i live in the southeast, and he believes it never works when you live to far from each other, so I feel he's saying this won't work and doesn't want to date me but then still keeps asking to meet up which confuses me. He said even if his favourite celebrity lived miles away from him and had a chance to be with her he still wouldn't travel that far.... I'm not really sure what he wants but I know we both like eachother, and I'm happy at the moment not to put a label on anything but just want to figure out what the big deal is with guys and distance as this isn't the first guy I've come across with these issues with distance.

Any thoughts? And help is appreciated thanks.

I'm not really sure what he wants but I know we both like eachother, and I'm happy at the moment not to put a label on anything but just want to figure out what the big deal is with guys and distance as this isn't the first guy I've come across with these issues with distance.

Any thoughts? And help is appreciated thanks.

If a guy is hot to trot, he'll move heaven and earth to be in your life. Twenty-two miles and this guy can't be arsed? Pffffffttttt!

If I were you, I'd cool my jets, lay off/back, and see if he reaches out to you. If he doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised at all, since he sounds like he's lazy, self-centered, arrogant and/or either not into dating or not into dating you.

Best,

TMichaels

• Like 2

He's not finished sleeping around............that is all he is angling for with you. You are getting played......throw this stinky fish back into the ocean...he's a little rotten.

• Like 1

If he can't be bothered with driving 22 miles, steer clear. You're like his TV-set, just providing some entertainment, no big deal. He can find that elsewhere, nearer.

RecentChange

22 miles is long distance!?!? Hahahahahahaha

I commute 55 miles each direction 5 days a week.

What would that take to drive, 20 mins?

Is he only willing to date those who live on the same cul de sac?

That's ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Thanks for the replies, I knew myself the answer really as you all have said what I was thinking just needed to hear it from others.

To be honest I'm enjoying dating and being single so I'm not to bothered about him not wanting anything in particular as I guess I'm doing the same as him.

So I have made myself more unavailable and it does seem to work to keep him keen ...but I have yet got him to come all the way to me...its only been meeting half way ...so just gonna see how things go but make sure that things work my way and not all his way with this whole distance thing....