I missed my chance what do I do now?

For my friends bachelorette party 4 years ago we went to Vegas (im in LA) while out there we met a tattoo shop owner and he took us around town all night he is a little older then me (I was 24 him 39) after a really great time (no sex) I got his number. We have been in constant contact now for the last 4 years. Soon he came to my town and invited me to see him. I took him up on the offer and we spent all night having amazing sex (7 times or so). So we have been meeting about every 3-6 months for a night or more of fun. recently he told me how bad his day was going so I sent a cute voice message telling him to smile and he texted back "you make me smile, hahah.. I think I might love you" I thought it was a joke because he is a funny guy so I texted back "haha just thought you would like to hear my voice". He took awhile to respond and all he said was "yea whatever.." Which is very unlike him I told him I thought it was a joke. After not hearing from him for an hr or so texted back "that wasn t a joke was it?" And he replied with a simple "No" I feel bad, having him to talk to and hang out often has been wonderful. He seems hurt and has told me he really wants to spend some time with me soon how do I get him to tell me again so I can let him know I feel the same way? I feel horrible that he put it out there and I just took something that big as a joke. Should I bring it up when we see each other? Should I ask him if he still feels that way? I really want to know if he does love me but it's been a few days and he doesn't want to talk about it. I'm lost any advice would help.

Scarlett.O'hara

I think you are being too hard on yourself. What does he expect? He said it over text message which started with hahaha.. like a joke. I'm not surprised you took it that way.

Personally, I wouldn't want to hear the words I love you until he was sure, not "I think I might love you". It doesn't matter what I think though, how do you feel about it?

If he is genuine about his feelings he isn't going to let it go. If he brings it up again without prompting, you will have a pretty good idea how he feels. Give it time.

Also, it will be much more sincere if he actually says it it person.

Lois_Griffin

So you've wasted 4 years of your life on a 40+ year old FWB tattoo artist who used TEXT to supposedly proclaim his love for you? :o