Getting ex back in long distance relationship

Jonathan_88

Hi,

My ex broke up with me 6 weeks ago due to long distance (we had been a couple for 2.5 years long distance and she couldnt do it any longer as I live In Italy and she lives in England). We were very commited and saw each other every 2 or 3 weeks, even in random cities if it was too expensive to go to our homes. She loved me very much and often said I was the man of her dreams and she wanted me to be the father of her children. For the first two weeks I stayed in contact with her, seemed needy desperate and was trying to get back with her and that would move to live with her. But she refused then she told me she slept with another guy (although I’m sure it is nothing serious typical rebound guy as she needs attention).

For the past three weeks I have gone NO contact with her deleting her from all forms of social networks to protect myself. She contacted me again asking why I was ignoring her and saying she hoped we could stay friends. She also contacted a friend of mine asking whether he had news about me.

Last week I wrote her a long email, saying that I needed space and time, that I was sad things ended badly between us, that I am moving on (although not entirely true) and that I understood why she broke up and that I wanted to stay friends (I am very confused and go through a string of emotions and yesterday that felt like it was the right thing to do). I guess I felt there was no way back as we live too far from each other.

She answered me in an angry and irritated way saying she didn’t want contact with me for the next few months or to see me anytime soon, and that I had never written her such an email or letter like that when we were together. She got also annoyed by the fact that I said I am growing a beard and going to the gym (she said I should do these things when we were together). She also mentioned she is going out a lot partying and feeling very bad when she drinks and that she is not under control (she normally doesn't go out that much).

What does this mean? I guess anger shows feelings so guess she still has feelings. So maybe there is a way to get her back? It is so difficult with the distance because I have no idea how she is or feels.

Any help appreciated! Thanks

• Like 1
  • Author
Jonathan_88

yes it was distance...She needed a man there by her side physically. And after 2 years she had no energy left and she was waiting for me to come to live with her and she couldnt wait any longer

But the fact that she is angry at me is a good sign no? It means she still has feelings I guess. ANd at the end I just said I wanted to be friends with her but she got angry!

• Like 1
  • Author
Jonathan_88

I tried to move to her for the past year but I couldnt find a job there as I dont speak the language. And for me going with a job was the best solution (but she told me that if I really loved her I would have gone without a job!). I ahd been looking for a year and she couldnt wait any longer.

She said she wanted to come to me without a job, but I told her find a job you like in the case it doesnt work out between us. I thought it was the best solution but now I realise she probably saw this as a rejection....