Struggling with the concept of LDR

Sweetgirl28

So, I have been in LDRs before. One guy I had met on Facebook and a second guy that I met through online dating, met up locally and then I moved away so we were LD for a while.

I have recently met two guys who are expats in my country and another one who already went back to his country. I am starting to have doubts about the viability of these relationships.

Does anyone know of any happy ending stories?

My college roommate began dating her husband in high school. All through college they were 2,000 miles apart. The reunited a year after we graduated & last week celebrated 25 years of marriage.

I know several success stories, yes, including family who have been married for 30+ years. Maybe we should have a consolidated 'success story' thread here? :laugh:

devilish innocent

I have always considered my husband and me to be a LDR success story. We didn't have as big of a travel difference as some LDR relationships because we only lived three hours apart. But we had to wait at least a month between visits to see each other. Due to the cost of long-distance phone calls at the time, we also couldn't speak on the phone or Skype in between visits either. It was ten years from the time we met until we could live together. The first three years we were just friends. After that, we seemed like such a perfect match for each other, and our friendship had progressed to such a point, that we believed we'd have a future together. We never realized it would be seven more years before we could be together. I can honestly say we always believed in our relationship and never once thought of giving up during that entire time. We moved in together in 2007, got married in 2008, and our marriage is still going strong.