I need a counselor for my situation

Hello everyone!

So I met this one girl a month ago through my friend's girlfriend. I liked her a lot in the beginning and she did too. Things heated up very fast and I was surprised of how fast it went. She lived 45mins away from me so she visited me every weekend when her friend wants to come down and see her boyfriend, which is my friend. Not that I'm still in high school so please no judgment and salt.

Recently I told her that I didn't want any relationship right now since I'll be gone to college far away and she'll still be high school. She got very mad and upset because she thought we were going to date etc. Right now we're still having "a thing", a term used in high school for a period of talking time before dating.

I'm a very flirtatious guy and she gets jealous a lot. That really bothers me because I don't want to be tied up in s relationship. I don't know what my feeling for her is right now. I'm very confused. She likes me but I think I'm losing my feeling for her. After that day I told her about my decision, I keep losing my feeling for her. I don't miss her anymore, I get annoyed by having to text her and I just don't know what should I do now. I know that she still likes me a lot and that's the tough part. I think my feeling is growing more to an old friend of mine that had rejected me several times in the past. She comes over more frequently now because she needs my help in calculus and we flirt at each other all the time. My feeling steers toward the person that is by me the most, it seems like.

What should I do now? When she's around I like her but when she's 45mins away I don't like her as much.

Appreciate your help.

You man up and tell her that you aren't interested, and wish her well in the future.

Stop engaging with her; she's going to get the wrong idea and assume you actually do like her. You can't continue "talking" if it's not going anywhere. That's not fair to either of you.

Be gentle but firm and cut the cord.

• Like 2

Be straight forward "Im sorry, your a nice person but I do not want to date, sorry if it hurts you, take care"

After that do not text at all. Just be done and stand by it but treat her with respect to clearly end it.

• Like 2

This does not seem as a case where you need a counselor, unless you just mean you need some advice. If you do need just advice, than the previous posters summed it up well, you need to break up with her.

If , however, you feel the need of a real counselor, than by all means, find one, but the reason is deeper than this situation i assume.

Cheers!

• Author
You man up and tell her that you aren't interested, and wish her well in the future.

Stop engaging with her; she's going to get the wrong idea and assume you actually do like her. You can't continue "talking" if it's not going anywhere. That's not fair to either of you.

Be gentle but firm and cut the cord.

Thank you! She's coming over tonight to settle all of this and I'll see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...