Love Hurts.

tomtheman1234

I am male and from the UK and just turned 40. For the last 10 years I have been looking for love. Yes I have been in a few relationships in that time and had some fun but most were not right for me and did not end well. Last year I came to Phuket for a short holiday loved it so much that this year decided to come back so I did. I am now on the last day of my just under a month long trip in Phuket. I did not come to Phuket to look for love as I know that most if not all the Thai girls I meet are bar girls after your money and just pretend to like you.

Anyhow I decided to stay in a part of Phuket that is not to busy and only had a small bit of nightlife as I gave up drinking 18 months ago and not big on crazy big parties anymore. I found this great chilled out bar next to my hotel where all the crazy cool chilled out holiday makers hang out in and the 2 bar girls that work there do not hastle you just chat to you. On my 3rd night I get chatting to this Thai girl who just turned up with her friend as her friend was there to meet a cousin at the bar. One thing lead to another and this Thai girl and I hit it off and we ended up spending most of my trip together. She never asked me for any money and she even bought me some stuff. She works at a beach club in Phuket and as a housekeeper for holiday makers.

I think I have fallen for this girl as I have never been in

A relationship like this before. I think she is a good Thai girl. She speaks perfect English and is very kind and caring.

I find it so hard to find love in the UK so it's not fare about this.

What should I do. As at the moment I don't want to lose this girl? Can it work out or am I kidding myself?

• Like 1

It depends on a lot of things...

There is no reason to say that it can't work.

You'd need to get to know her more.

Keep an open mind.

• Like 2

Welcome to the club!

Like Satu already said, there's no reason it can't work. It's too soon to tell. Keep in touch and see where it goes. There are always ways to close a distance, but because most of them require serious sacrifices from both sides, you need to be patient and get to know if she is worth it.

I say always have hope! Things will work out in the end for you. You found someone that likes you hold on to her and try to do the right things for her and you.