Can someone tell me whats going on?

First of hi to everyone here since it's my first post on this forum and sorry for a long post :(.

So ive met this girl through my friend in a game. We played for a bit and nothing happened during that first day. The next day my friend suggested me to add her so we could all play together once again(5 of us total) and i did. So we started playing regularly together and during the week we started feeling things for eachother. We skyped but not alot, mostly texting. Everything seemed great and dandi, we started talking about events in our real lives and communication was great.. even tho she played hard to get at first :p .

I started to like her alot! so did she. I brought the idea of "lets exchange photos" since it started to get more seriour by now, but she refused.. she didn't even say her age which is weird if u ask me. Month or so passed and she still didn't want to show me herself, neither did i want to show myself because it doesn't seem fair. Just so you know she is not that shy but she tells me its a "secret" and will show me herself soon.

So all of a sudden she starts mentioning this guy that she used to love and how is she skyping with him. But they were apparently about to end the relationship. He made her really sad and cry alot of stuff because he was mean to her and was non stop depressed which prolly turned her off.

Then she comes to me after a week since she mentioned him and tells me "wanna be friends" ; "please be my friend" which i obviously refused because i trully love her and i want more... She didn't wanna say why but she said that she screwd something really bad.

Then now we have late night skype calls when we.. :love: hehe.

But it seems she doesn't want to talk to me anymore and is only interested in late night skype calls.. She said she broke up with him... but i still don't get it whats wrong. She doesn't seem very happy talking to me anymore.

Please can someone tell me whats really going on? Ohh and also she really likes to copy paste her chats that she has with other guys and how they seem funny to her because they want to be with her. :(

Edited by lord193
Scarlett.O'hara

Honestly, I think she is playing games with you. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she was copy and pasting your chats with her to other guys, telling them how funny it is that you want to be with her. It shows her character. She is not a nice person.

Have you ever watched the MTV show Catfish? I suggest you have a look. A lot of what you have described sounds like that. Sometimes it goes on for years! Don't let that be you.

It is easy to become infatuated with someone online. The feelings can be so intense, you think they are amazing because you imagine them to be whatever you want them to be, even when you see huge red flags, like with her. She likes to play games, lie, and manipulate others.

You deserve better than this. My advice would be find someone in real life who is genuine and not involved with other guys. This person will break you heart.

Take care.

• Like 1
  • Author

I will look look it up tomorrow to see what's catfish about. Do you think she does this to every guy? I found her facebook that had only 2 pics of a male singer but not her.. and that she had some friends there that she mentioned to me before. Could this be that she is really shy and wants to wait or is she really trying to fool me? Its been 2 full months now and i only know her name and what she does... but she doesn't give her age and photo. I looked up at her friends list which has 40ppl only and there is not a single picture of her anywhere.. no tags whatsoever. Is she maybe scared that she is ugly or whatever? I want to talk about this more with you guys so feel free to say and ask whatever you like :).

Edited by lord193

You say you've Skyped with her but you've never seen what she looks like - so I assume on Skype it's only a voice call? Or is it just messaging?

I don't think she's who she says she is. Either she's a lot older or younger than you, married, or a guy. And no, I don't think it's because she thinks she's ugly and scared.

OP, how can you claim to truly love someone when you've never laid eyes on that person?

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't think she is serious with you. Even with the friendship that she offers to you. Sorry but that's how i see her.

How so? Tell he why you think that because i want to go in depht with this.

• Author
You say you've Skyped with her but you've never seen what she looks like - so I assume on Skype it's only a voice call? Or is it just messaging?

I don't think she's who she says she is. Either she's a lot older or younger than you, married, or a guy. And no, I don't think it's because she thinks she's ugly and scared.

OP, how can you claim to truly love someone when you've never laid eyes on that person?

We both message and voice chat on skype. Also i am 100% sure she is a girl by her behaviour and just the voice i hear. I am in my late teens 19 and i think she is probably around 16-17 by the looks of it.

About the last thing u said.. well i just feel something really unique about her ... it really sucks that she doesn't want to show herself to me even tho she says she loves me so much. The reason she is scared to show herself is because she did that before and it backfired at her as she claims. She had a stalker and what not. But lately she isn't so happy while talking to me.

Edited by lord193
We both message and voice chat on skype. Also i am 100% sure she is a girl by her behaviour and just the voice i hear. I am in my late teens 19 and i think she is probably around 16-17 by the looks of it.

About the last thing u said.. well i just feel something really unique about her ... it really sucks that she doesn't want to show herself to me even tho she says she loves me so much. The reason she is scared to show herself is because she did that before and it backfired at her as she claims. She had a stalker and what not. But lately she isn't so happy while talking to me.

By the looks of what? You've never seen her, so what are you basing that estimate on?

Look, the most important thing is that you really have no idea who you're talking to. Unless and until she shows herself live on webcam, you don't know who is behind the mic on the other end. You are in love with an idea you have in your head and heaven knows if that matches reality at all.

A girl who is serious about you would let you see her. There's no way around that. Tell her you need to chat live with her on cam, and if she makes excuses, let her know this chat-buddy relationship will be over. That will tell you pretty quickly where her intentions are.

I think you're being duped, OP. I can nearly guarantee that.

• Author

I always seemed to think that whenever i fell in love with a girl and it started to fade that its my fault..even now idk. We have spent alot of time having long chats but whenever we talk on skype she all of a sudden in the middle of me talking! starts watching some youtube video and starts laughting.. does that mean i am boring to her? I am trying to make her smile and i did it many times but she always interrupts me when i talk and changes subjects all the time idk whats going on. But for sure i will be asking to see her today and see if she is willing. I guess if she is not its gonna end because i am not for all of that misterious sh*t anymore. Does she mentioning me and copy pasting her chats with other guys to me indicated that she wished i was more amazing and funny? Is that a clue or what?

I always seemed to think that whenever i fell in love with a girl and it started to fade that its my fault..even now idk. We have spent alot of time having long chats but whenever we talk on skype she all of a sudden in the middle of me talking! starts watching some youtube video and starts laughting.. does that mean i am boring to her? I am trying to make her smile and i did it many times but she always interrupts me when i talk and changes subjects all the time idk whats going on. But for sure i will be asking to see her today and see if she is willing. I guess if she is not its gonna end because i am not for all of that misterious sh*t anymore. Does she mentioning me and copy pasting her chats with other guys to me indicated that she wished i was more amazing and funny? Is that a clue or what?

It's a clue that she's a weirdo, yes. It's a clue she's talking to other guys. It's a clue that whomever she is, she likes attention from lots of men.

Cut the crap with her and tell her you need to see her live. If she refuses, you can assume she's pulling a fast one on you.

Also, I asked earlier: you say you think she's a teenager. What are you basing that estimate on? What has she actually told you about herself?

Edited by ExpatInItaly
  • Author
Also, I asked earlier: you say you think she's a teenager. What are you basing that estimate on? What has she actually told you about herself?

She said that she goes to highschool, mentions alot of her friends from school.. told me so much about them and stuff. I even had her friend be in a skype call where she said "if you lived here, she would just hangout with you and not with her friends". I don't know whats she's telling them about me but it seems like she isn't lying that much or is she? I agree that she likes attention and she is constantly testing me if i will be needy,jealous if she talks to other guys and in general if i am a guy that would do anything she says. Well i am not that nice guy type so she basically sends me all of the chats from guys who went into the so called friendzone. I asked her earlier and she still didn't want to show herself... she said soon. :(

• Author

Ok i just had a talk with her. She says that its a scary thing for her to send someone her picture and she said "is it bad if i hope you look ugly?" Like WOW! Because she says she thinks that i wouldn't like how she looks and she admited she would feel better if i was more bad looking than her :). Well she said we will exchange photos once she goes to a hairdresser.. and she doesn't know when.

• Author

Scarlett what exactly brings you to that conclusion? Are you seeing something that i am not.. if so please tell me i want to see it from your point of view. About catfish yes i saw two full episodes. One turns out to be good where this girl fell in love with this guy from instagram and that they chatted for 2years without voice communication. She even sent him 1.000$ camera so he could send her pictures.. in which he did but with no face. They met and it was really him, also turned out that he didn't like leaving his comfort zone and that he felt the best while he was texting.

• Author

Also do you guys think that she is just sucking me in into this "idea" how you called and not wanting something more? Should i ask her what she wants out of this relationship? Just to mention at the start 1 month in since we met we both said that we want this relationship to succed but who knows.

• Author

I had hope... turns out she doesn't care that much. Yesterday we start of with chatting, she couldn't play because her mouse broke.. also in meanwhile she is sending chats from other 2 guys and mentions one guy as her "bae". So this makes my blood flow go and it pisses me but i kept being silent about it like nothing is going on. Skipping to an end of the day i told her that i wanted to sleep because i had 4hrs of sleep only. She asked if i wanted to skype with her because she is going for a week to her grandma's house and i said sure why not. I come there she is not talkative.. always when we skype she almost never talks and gives really small answers - no effort to convesation with me. Then she says I will go on this other thing and call this guy to see if he's here(they already were there when i wasn't on skype). And she only spoke with him.. whatever he said had almost made her laugh constantly while me talking i just get the silence or she doesn't hear. ITS NOT THAT I AM SILENT OR WHAT NOT she just talked to him the whole time. Ik that this is bad but i went silent when she spoke to me, and ignored. She asked him if he will stay up with her and thats where it got me the most and it hurts hearing then.

I finally said "hey i am tired going to bed" and she made a pause of 20sec then just said gn. After the call was over she wrote "love you" and "gn". Replied the same and wanted to go to bed. Then she asked me if i was mad where i said i wasn't. And she kepts saying omg you are so mad, oh my lord, why are u mad. I told her and no response.

End of our thing will be deleting her in no time and she is a wh*re.. should of listened to you guys when u said it was bad for me. Thanks.. i don't think i will be that ok since i am having trouble sleeping(4-6hrs) max a night and fighting with an addiction. BYE :)

Ok i just had a talk with her. She says that its a scary thing for her to send someone her picture and she said "is it bad if i hope you look ugly?" Like WOW! Because she says she thinks that i wouldn't like how she looks and she admited she would feel better if i was more bad looking than her :). Well she said we will exchange photos once she goes to a hairdresser.. and she doesn't know when.

Oh good lord. Such nonsense.

You never even met this person and you're so invested in some faker whose having a whole lot of fun at your expense. But he/she wouldn't be able to do that without gullible youngin's like yourself falling for this drivel.

Don't be surprised if you call the Catfish show and Nev and his buddy track this person down and it's either a pimple-faced teenage boy with voice-changer equipment or some 300 pound female recluse who hasn't seen the outdoors for at least 2 years.

Jeez.